Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I am back in A&E with mom again , sat waiting for a bed again , I don't know how these nurses and Dr keep going ,
Zwifting on the back burner again
Not good. Fingers crossed they get your Mom settled soon. Having been in A&E a handful of times ourselves this year due to HID, I'm with you on the resiliance of docs and nurses.

mgs315

"B" category distance Dean?? :headshake:

I did the proper distance at 6pm - well done @berty bassett you beat me by 30 seconds. Obviously had I known this or we'd been in the same race I could have gone faster so... :whistle:.....:reading:

Seriously though I got myself into one of those situations towards the end with just one other rider who refused to take a turn in front - we were well ahead of anyone behind so it ended up being a matter of principle going slow enough to force him to go in front fir a bit! He just went even slower though, so he was never in front for long whatever I did - then he went and out-sprinted me to the finish line :cursing:

(To be honest it was actually quite nice to cruise along for the last few kms though!)

No different to the shenanigans that happens with the pros.

Pretty new to Zwift here (upgraded the iPad and using my existing power meter) so looking forward to TdZ. Looks difficult as I’m nowhere near as fit as I’d like. Still, here’s hoping it’ll help me (combined with IRL club rides) to take on de Ronde sportive this year..

JLaw

Veteran
Not a heck of a lot to report on the Thu KISS EUR. I was a bit sore from painting much of Wednesday and even though I tried to warm up well, I missed the lead group out of the pens. That may have been a blessing as I probably missed most of "Bath Salts"'s messages. For some reason his messages just seem to annoy me. Was doing OK, not great, but OK hanging with the second group until my chain dropped off the big ring during the little climb and wouldn't go back up on the big ring. It's been a long standing issue. If I'm forced to not ride, it may be a good time to get the bike into the shop. It's never been professionally tuned up and I'm sure it's crossed the 5k mile mark eons ago.

So I spun like a madman, but continually fell back through the packs for a mediocre at best finish.

Going to shoot for 3 more races next week.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
"B" category distance Dean?? :headshake:

I did the proper distance at 6pm - well done @berty bassett you beat me by 30 seconds. Obviously had I known this or we'd been in the same race I could have gone faster so... :whistle:.....:reading:

Seriously though I got myself into one of those situations towards the end with just one other rider who refused to take a turn in front - we were well ahead of anyone behind so it ended up being a matter of principle going slow enough to force him to go in front fir a bit! He just went even slower though, so he was never in front for long whatever I did - then he went and out-sprinted me to the finish line :cursing:

(To be honest it was actually quite nice to cruise along for the last few kms though!)
oh dear , what a terrible shame^_^

bobinski

Legendary Member
Thanks all
just got her on the ward, now have to wait for her to be admitted, it's been a long day was at Nottingham queen's medical withe other half this morning for her detached retina, I certainly get around the hospital's

Excellent news about your mum.

Have you thought about doing a trip advisor review on the hospitals?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Not a heck of a lot to report on the Thu KISS EUR. I was a bit sore from painting much of Wednesday and even though I tried to warm up well, I missed the lead group out of the pens. That may have been a blessing as I probably missed most of "Bath Salts"'s messages. For some reason his messages just seem to annoy me. Was doing OK, not great, but OK hanging with the second group until my chain dropped off the big ring during the little climb and wouldn't go back up on the big ring. It's been a long standing issue. If I'm forced to not ride, it may be a good time to get the bike into the shop. It's never been professionally tuned up and I'm sure it's crossed the 5k mile mark eons ago.

So I spun like a madman, but continually fell back through the packs for a mediocre at best finish.

Going to shoot for 3 more races next week.

Get on Youtube and learn to fettle the issue yourself Jeff. Or are we going to put you in the category with Bob n Carl :biggrin:

bobinski

Legendary Member
if it used to work fine but now wont go up into big ring - pretty sure its just gonna be cable stretch - easy fix if you have allen key
bob - an allen key is a bent hexagon bit of metal comes in different sizes to use like a screwdriver
tell you what a screwdriver is next time mate

If you had times it right you could have done a 12 days of Xmas with a different lesson every day.
At the moment I am wondering where I can put my spare handlebars:eek::biggrin:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
If you had times it right you could have done a 12 days of Xmas with a different lesson every day.
At the moment I am wondering where I can put my spare handlebars:eek::biggrin:
with all this new kit your buying - your bike is gonna be one mean machine ! is it ready yet ? i bet its driving you mad not being able to do anything yet - any idea when you dare have a gently spin?

Top Bottom