Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kipster

Guru
Lots of you UK guys riding outside today including the Wales Banksy ride.. Very impressive.
We had a club treasure hunt, teams of four some map coordinates and questions, oh and a time limit with penalties for getting back late. It was great fun, but a lot like sprint intervals between the map points. We managed to cover the most miles of any team, so got to the most map points and answered the most questions and only two minutes late back. We won by some margin to the next team, but that wasn't too important, it was just great fun and great company. The sun made a couple of appearances but it was mostly behind the clouds, mighty breezy though. The bike needed a proper clean, the lanes were filthy. Jockey wheels need to be removed and cleaned along with chain and derailure cage, all caped in grit and grime.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Ok that's the Wahoo mission done :sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat:. 12k feet climbed in 4 days have fubr'd my legs :cry:. I've hit my 100 miles in a week target :wahhey:, first time in a long time. Now to go for the Addicted badge and then on to the one I really want. The UnEmployed badge :laugh:

We had a club treasure hunt, teams of four some map coordinates and questions, oh and a time limit with penalties for getting back late. It was great fun, but a lot like sprint intervals between the map points. We managed to cover the most miles of any team, so got to the most map points and answered the most questions and only two minutes late back. We won by some margin to the next team, but that wasn't too important, it was just great fun and great company. The sun made a couple of appearances but it was mostly behind the clouds, mighty breezy though. The bike needed a proper clean, the lanes were filthy. Jockey wheels need to be removed and cleaned along with chain and derailure cage, all caped in grit and grime.
Not just a badass but a winning badass. Congratulations.

JLaw

Veteran
Mechanical triples are fine adjustment and rarely have perfect position. Thats why I like my Di2 triple. Self trims from outer to inner ring steps
Yup. In the past I typically adjusted for ease of moving between the middle and small rings. Moving into big ring I'd have to back off on power and be a little patient. Not a problem most of the time in the real world but a zwift race is another matter entirely.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Will be doing a pootle around NY outer road later if anyone fancies joining me. Be on about 3 o'clock. Will not pushing hard, just want to get 90 or so minutes of relaxed riding.

mjd1988

Guru
First time up the Alpe today, thought i better set a time to beat next year.

Slightly cheating in that there was no one about so no draft, and that my school friends were all back in the country for christmas so I had 3 hours sleep and a questionable kebab last night...So I crawled up, but still proud of myself- I sweated off 2 nightclub stamps! (zwift should really record that instead of pizza slices).

Merry Christmas all!

Whorty

Sorry for bailing @Breedon Chest still not great. Was coughing and wheezing the whole ride. In the end i decided not to push it all the way. Great to see you on there though :okay: How was the mini race at the end?

Breedon

Legendary Member
Sorry for bailing @Breedon Chest still not great. Was coughing and wheezing the whole ride. In the end i decided not to push it all the way. Great to see you on there though :okay: How was the mini race at the end?
Better to finish when you know you should be taking it easy.
Yeah it was good only 1km though so an all out sprint but still tough, I didn't think I would make a ride but when I thought I could I was ready for it missed 5 minutes and no warm up but glad I did it.
Was nice to see a fellow cyclechatter.

JuhaL

Guru
Merry and peaceful christmas for everyone and your families.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Santa arrived early ^_^ .

Which shall I use Bob?:biggrin:

It'd better last longer :excl:
20181224_083609.jpg

Whorty

Looking to do the Raphael 4 horsemen on 30th Dec. Probably 2 o'clock ride. I see Dean is signed up to the 5 ride but that will be too late for me as I expect this to take a good 3 hours or more to complete. All 4 kom climbs, ending in the Alpe!!!

Whorty

Im quite disappointed in Wahoo''s QC . Im Im waiting till they finally figure out the issue

With the announcement that Wahoo/Tacx are working on a package so I can use the climb with Tacx products swung the decision to get the Neo . Ill have it setup today and first workout this afternoon.
Be interesting what your ftp numbers are on the Neo. I expect it will go up.....isn't the Neo easier on the watts compared to the kickr :whistle:

Last edited:
Top Bottom