Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Just got back from first club 7(well it's nearly 8) TT,. Less than ideal conditions with a block headwind for the outward leg. Same bike, kit, road helmet, shoes, one year older rider with same fitness thereabouts AND a new set of aero wheels.

Averaged an easy 0.5mph faster than last year.:hyper:

Given the short course has the larger portion of hills than the 10 course I could well shave 60 seconds off my PB

Anecdotal evidence, 60mm rims are more aero than Hunt all season disc wheels :biggrin:
Nice one Andy - good to know all your indoor training is paying dividends in the real world!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Just got back from first club 7(well it's nearly 8) TT,. Less than ideal conditions with a block headwind for the outward leg. Same bike, kit, road helmet, shoes, one year older rider with same fitness thereabouts AND a new set of aero wheels.

Averaged an easy 0.5mph faster than last year.:hyper:

Given the short course has the larger portion of hills than the 10 course I could well shave 60 seconds off my PB

Anecdotal evidence, 60mm rims are more aero than Hunt all season disc wheels :biggrin:

Well done Andy! :thumbsup:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Bridgy, 285w average:laugh: that's some warm up!
Well, firstly I admit it, I couldn't help but race a bit - but I did hold back a fair bit and definitely put in much less effort than Tuesday's race - and yet my watts are showing as higher which is weird :wacko:

So having held something back in the zwift race (but not enough) I was then crap in the bkool race afterwards! Whoops

That said, I found it much easier to follow what was going on in that race and there seemed to be fewer non racing riders - this may have partly been because I was up with the leaders. Loads of riders - including me - exceeded the cat c w/kg limit - is this normal in cat c races? I guess there's quite a few riders who'd prefer to try and win a cat c despite exceeeding the w/kg limit than be mid-field with no chance to win a cat b race?

One thing I didn't get last time but was not good was a huge time lag in zwift responding to what I was doing on the bike - so if I sped up or increased power, nothing would happen for 10 seconds or more, and the same in reverse. This made it really hard to ride steadily in a group. Has anyone else had this and are tbere any tips to fix it?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Paul, a few bkool users have said there seems to be a delay in response. Bill highlight ed this when he tried Zwift recently. Bob will know

bobinski

Legendary Member
Well, firstly I admit it, I couldn't help but race a bit - but I did hold back a fair bit and definitely put in much less effort than Tuesday's race - and yet my watts are showing as higher which is weird :wacko:

So having held something back in the zwift race (but not enough) I was then crap in the bkool race afterwards! Whoops

That said, I found it much easier to follow what was going on in that race and there seemed to be fewer non racing riders - this may have partly been because I was up with the leaders. Loads of riders - including me - exceeded the cat c w/kg limit - is this normal in cat c races? I guess there's quite a few riders who'd prefer to try and win a cat c despite exceeeding the w/kg limit than be mid-field with no chance to win a cat b race?

One thing I didn't get last time but was not good was a huge time lag in zwift responding to what I was doing on the bike - so if I sped up or increased power, nothing would happen for 10 seconds or more, and the same in reverse. This made it really hard to ride steadily in a group. Has anyone else had this and are tbere any tips to fix it?

I had that on the pro a few times and sorted by turning trainer off then on. It always seemed to follow a ride on bsim and not turning trainer off before starting Zwift. I think on one occasion I had to restart Zwift. Some pro users said the issue persisted but I have not seen any complaints for some time. I also recall that while a dodgy internet connection would kill bsim that Zwift would continue but be less responsive.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Gawd there's a lot of posts on FB about bkool resistance lag in Zwift. Paul usual answers are turn of all BT devices and/or USB extension lead- which you probably have.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I had that on the pro a few times and sorted by turning trainer off then on. It always seemed to follow a ride on bsim and not turning trainer off before starting Zwift. I think on one occasion I had to restart Zwift. Some pro users said the issue persisted but I have not seen any complaints for some time. I also recall that while a dodgy internet connection would kill bsim that Zwift would continue but be less responsive.
Thanks I'll see how it goes. Trainer was turned off before I started zwift and I didn't use bsim before it. Turning off and restarting not really an option during a race either! I did a bkool race straight after and there was no lag at all. Fingers crossed it'll sort itself out

uclown2002

Guru
Get yourself a Neo fellas and launch your Bkools :okay:

JLaw

Veteran

Exceeding seems normal in C & D. No experience in higher cats yet.

zwiftpower will DQ folks that significantly exceed limits, so I'm not sure what someone racing below their ability really gets out of it if they're going over on w/kg.

In the end, for me, this is much more about improving fitness over winning. So I may ride below my ability if doing so encourages me to work on a skill (like metering efforts). And I may ride above my ability as well if I'm trying to get a longer sustained effort.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
There is a setting to in zwift that I changed due to slow response. It gives you the option of average power over 3 seconds, or instant power. Made a big difference changing to instant. Feels much less of a lag now.

Top Bottom