Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uclown2002

Guru
I see, it's only within the app itself I think? Just read online how to find it - I'm surprised it's not on your profil on zwift.com or on the mobile app
Yes I think you need to load zwift on your device of choice and go into profile settings. Don't think it can be done any other way.

However it will prompt you to change it automatically if it detects a performance increase. Saying that my last FTP improvement was as of a result of an outdoor FTP test so had to change it manually.

Last edited:

JLaw

Veteran
No Whorty in the listing?!? ;)

Last night i did a 13:08 (11 mph) followed by a 13:52 (14.4 mph)

I reckon I could knock a minute, may be a smidge more, off that if I gave it my all and didn't need to keep something back for the rest of a race.
Much more consistent results than mine. My first run on the race a couple weeks ago was 11:56 -- within 10 seconds of my PB. When we came around to the climb for the second time I crawled up at 15:07. Yikes. I knew I'd blown up, but didn't realize it was that bad.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Forgot i have a parents evening to attend tonight so wont be able to race. Its a real shame because i was late for work and had good legs today overtaking all on my commute and racing for a while with a chap on lovely Cannondale caad 12 before he let me go. Sadly not saved to strava but boded well for this evening's race.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I'm tempted by the Hare and Hound race tonight at 6 o'clock. I was just going to do a 2 hour pootle to put some time in my legs, but BKool has just brainwashed me into every ride being a race :biggrin:

kipster

Guru
I'm tempted by the Hare and Hound race tonight at 6 o'clock. I was just going to do a 2 hour pootle to put some time in my legs, but BKool has just brainwashed me into every ride being a race :biggrin:
I was planning to race tonight, but a leak from the shower needs my attention :rain:

bridgy

Legendary Member
If I can get jobs done and onto the bike in time, I'm hoping to do the XRS ZTR race at 18.30 tonight. I will join Cat C as I still intend doing the live Bkool WC race at 19.30 so this will be a "warm-up" for that (in theory - or I could be fooling myself and it could be a very bad idea!). It's 3 laps of Watopia flat - 30km - so I'm thinking there should be enough time to do this and be finished before 7.30?

I'll (hopefully) be holding back a little compared to the Cat B race I did - my watts/kg in that race would have excluded me from the results of the Cat C race anyway. Bearing this in mind, is there anywhere on screen or on the app that shows your w/kg AVERAGE during a ride so I can measure my overall effort? Thanks

bobinski

Legendary Member
If I can get jobs done and onto the bike in time, I'm hoping to do the XRS ZTR race at 18.30 tonight. I will join Cat C as I still intend doing the live Bkool WC race at 19.30 so this will be a "warm-up" for that (in theory - or I could be fooling myself and it could be a very bad idea!). It's 3 laps of Watopia flat - 30km - so I'm thinking there should be enough time to do this and be finished before 7.30?

I'll (hopefully) be holding back a little compared to the Cat B race I did - my watts/kg in that race would have excluded me from the results of the Cat C race anyway. Bearing this in mind, is there anywhere on screen or on the app that shows your w/kg AVERAGE during a ride so I can measure my overall effort? Thanks

I dont think there is Paul. But you rode at a 3.6w/kg average the other day so why don't you take 3w as your go to average and try and say as close to that as possible? What would that be? 220w? if so you can keep an yey on that figure top left and then the actual 3w/kg figure against your name in the column on the right.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I dont think there is Paul. But you rode at a 3.6w/kg average the other day so why don't you take 3w as your go to average and try and say as close to that as possible? What would that be? 220w? if so you can keep an yey on that figure top left and then the actual 3w/kg figure against your name in the column on the right.
OK, thanks Bob I'll just try and keep an eye on it. To be honest, anything less than 100% effort will probably put me comfortably within Cat C - the question is whether I'll be able to stop myself racing people too much!

bobinski

Legendary Member
Update today so log on early to update:

Hey Zwifters, with the update today we add a much needed feature to Zwift - the Ride Report.

The ride report will show you the basic stats of your ride such as a map of the route you took, notable things that happened, who you rode with, who gave you a 'Ride On', and allow you to even befriend those riders directly from the notification. Additionally, for the data geeks who are interested in details, there is 2nd tab full of second by second ride data for power, cadence, and heart rate; as well as a 3rd tab which includes your 'critical power curve'.

Other fixes or improvements include:

• Fixed bug where some trainers or power broadcasting devices were incorrectly attributed with a 'lightning bolt' even though they were not truly power meters (ie, some elite trainers, powerCal heart rate strap, etc).
  • Fixed issue where confetti would sometimes show at incorrect times. It should only show as a user crosses the end of a segment, and gets a personal record.
  • Computrainer can now resume ERG mode after a failed workout segment
  • TSS score shown after a workout is now much accurate
  • Elite RAMPA resistance increased when used over bluetooth
  • Fixed an issue where some networked riders would appear to cut some corners rather than stay on the road on Watopia
  • Fixed issue where some users might get mis-routed on the watopia pier near the start of an event
  • A dozen smaller visual bugs or functional issues

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
OK, thanks Bob I'll just try and keep an eye on it. To be honest, anything less than 100% effort will probably put me comfortably within Cat C - the question is whether I'll be able to stop myself racing people too much!
stick with the lead group for the whole race, then with a mile to go put the power on and leave them in your dust!

Top Bottom