Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I did race C ZTR XTR. Went out too fast and blew up after just under a lap. Must try harder :smile:
I learnt from last week and went out sensible and reeled in a lot of riders who went off too fast. I saw some sitting at teh side of the road as I guess they blew up so much they couldn't even finish. Pacing is the key when the ride is going to take an hour :okay:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Tired legs though today. I think I'll be staying in D until I get kicked out :smile: C is a bit too strong for me and I really enjoyed having a proper battle yesterday with equally powered riders. I really shouldn't have ridden the 9 mile 'warm up' prior to the race though LOL

Whorty, You did great. You have to exclude the top 20 odd who have been told to upgrade. 200W average is not to be sniffed at:okay:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Capture+_2017-03-29-10-46-16.png
Hi @CXRAndy - where are you getting the Strava race analysis info from with the average watts for climbing and descents? Cheers

If you log into your strava, on the left is 'Analysis' tab, this then breaks the whole ride into blocks. if you click on a particular block it gives you the averages and peaks for that particular section. here is a screen shot of your ride up the first hill 302W average:smile:

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
View attachment 344595

If you log into your strava, on the left is 'Analysis' tab, this then breaks the whole ride into blocks. if you click on a particular block it gives you the averages and peaks for that particular section. here is a screen shot of your ride up the first hill 302W average:smile:
302 watts for the first ascent and only 283 for the second I see - clearly need to work on my stamina :heat:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Base TR ride to get back into swing of things. If it rains tomorrow PM I'll do a Zwift race instead of outdoor TT

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
So who's "SH Cyclechat" on Zwift?

I don't know but like an online newby I accepted their request to follow me :wacko::laugh:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
And for the time being at least, still a little slower than me up box hill :biggrin:
Next time I'm fresh and do the London Loop, I'll through the kitchen sink at Box hill to see if I can get near your time Bob.:tongue: I think I'll need over 350 watts to match your speed. What time do I/we need to match you?

bobinski

Legendary Member
Here's the BKOOL CC list
Athlete
Time
1 Ryan Lawman 7:19 19.8mi/h
2 robert dynowski 9:31 15.2mi/h
3 paul bridgman 9:38 15.0mi/h
4 Rick Brown 9:51 14.7mi/h
5 lee marshall 10:26 13.9mi/h
6 Dean Hallam 10:29 13.8mi/h
7 Paul Tatam 10:43 13.5mi/h
8 Runar Aas 11:30 12.6mi/h
9 Carlo de Gregorio 11:54 12.2mi/h
10 Ash Milligan 12:38 11.5mi/h

I am pretty sure i can get under 9min because it was a solo effort and i have dropped a few kilo's since i did that if i can generate the same power. Perhaps we should all race up box hill together?

Top Bottom