Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
TUESDAY, MARCH 28TH
7:15PM BST

ZSUN Chain Gang Ride (33.6 mi / 54 km)
View attachment 344454
DESCRIPTION
ZSUN Chain Gang. This ride is a medium to fast paced training ride.

Riders must be able to maintain 210 Watts on the flat and between 3.5 & 4.0w/kg on the hills

There will be no sprinting with the objective to remain as tight as possible for the full ride distance.

Please follow the ride leader's instructions and text if you need any help.

Join us on facebook groups: ZSUN https://www.facebook.com/groups/985532344865361/

Our Discord voice service can be found

@ https://discord.gg/pj2WVqn

Please use Push to Talk to avoid echo feedback.
GROUPS

LAPS
Route:London Classique

I don't think you do go up box hill

For me it's a case of hanging on for long as possible

It's cat A

If it's usual one it is fast and does go up box hill twice. I have done it 3 times and stayed with lead group until end on one occasion.much of time they roll on flats ta upwards of 45-50kmhI will be there and will hang for as long as I can. Trick Is to stay at front of main group and if you are spat out then little if any chance of getting back.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Today's zsun ride is at a lower 3-3.4 not 3-4w so a little slower but no box hill.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I was going to do a cat c race this evening, but the sun is shining, the roads are dry and I really ought to put some miles on the new bike.

I don't blame you. I had lined up a day off and a ride with 2 of the guys I am going with to Ventoux but one had to cancel so working from home. Great cycling weather.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I'm gong Cat D on the XRS-ZTR race at 6-30 tonight. 18.5 miles, so after that might do a pootle to get up to 25 miles :okay: Anyone fancy joining me and letting me draft them :tongue:

bobinski

Legendary Member
I'm gong Cat D on the XRS-ZTR race at 6-30 tonight. 18.5 miles, so after that might do a pootle to get up to 25 miles :okay: Anyone fancy joining me and letting me draft them :tongue:

Whorty Inwill struggle to get on them but if I do I will look out for you. Looks like 7-15 CG for me

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
That actually explains a lot Bob - because it felt like the resistance on a 7% hill for example wasn't anything as tough as Bkool, but a quick glance at my speed did suggest I was going just as slowly as I normally would!

I haven't changed any settings - where do I do this? I have looked on the app and the sim and can't find anywhere to do it? Do most of you guys tend to stick with the default setting or change it to 100%?
changed mine to 100% so feels more realistic on those hills.

JLaw

Veteran
KISS EUR for me. It's just one lap on the London loop, so I'll be bringing up the rear of the C class given the hill in the middle. If I could break the 28:00 mark with good drafting on the flat part of the course, that'd be good for me.

Norry1

Legendary Member

Just signed up for this, Cat C. Did a hard training session last night, so not really a great idea :smile:

Martin Norris on ZWIFT

Top Bottom