Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
The new steerable section by GPLama

Looks like it could be fun with a lazy Susan and a climb

JuhaL

Guru
That mtb route looks very grim. Probably need adjust trainer difficulty settings to little bit easier. Lazy susan with kickr climb would be even more realistic.

bridgy

Legendary Member
The new steerable section by GPLama

Looks like it could be fun with a lazy Susan and a climb

Is this kind of feature going to be usable on all these lovely new smart bikes which are coming out? Can you turn the handlebars on a Wahoo or Tacx smart bike?

bridgy

Legendary Member
I think the idea is to use the buttons on the shifters.
Ah OK that makes sense - maybe a future update to come?

Funny how on the one hand Zwift users are being sold the benefits of the fixed, rigid nature of the new smart bikes, whilst on the other we're getting the release of things like the flashy new Saris rocker plate, and now handlenbar steering, both of which go the opposite way and offer more movement. I am assuming there's no rocker plate type side to side movement with these new smart bikes?

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Ah OK that makes sense - maybe a future update to come?

Funny how on the one hand Zwift users are being sold the benefits of the fixed, rigid nature of the new smart bikes, whilst on the other we're getting the release of things like the flashy new Saris rocker plate, and now handlenbar steering, both of which go the opposite way and offer more movement. I am assuming there's no rocker plate type side to side movement with these new smart bikes?

I think that’s the plan. There’s a few different buttons and I think they’re going to allow you configure them the way you want eg shimano, sram, campag etc.

The steering ones a funny one for me too. I don’t really want to be able to move my bars on the turbo. It’s nice when they feel locked in. But it would be handy to choose you’re turning without the companion app I guess.

The neo bike I think is completely planted with no side to side. Which I’ll miss to be honest. So I can see myself building a rocker plate if I miss it too much. I’m not sure about the wahoo. It looks like it’s got the capacity for more movement because it’s only really got one point of contact with the floor.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Tonight was 7 mate
:banghead: really wasn't with it yesterday! Hopefully will be a bit more focused tomorrow :okay:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
A bit funny, that I came in last of that 5 man group timewise, as I was the first (of all) riders to pass the start banner, and the first of the 5 to pass the end banner. The segment apparently does not start or end right at the banners. :sad:
It's been said a few times on Facebook that what you see personally on your screen may not be 100% the same as others see. So, just because you see your avatar pass the finish first compared to someone else's avatar, there may be internet lag for that other guy/gal, so they may actually have beaten you. I had this once myself; I out sprinted someone only to see on ZP that he had crossed the finish line ahead of me. Maybe this is what you saw last night too?

Edit : just spotted the other replies ..... 👍

Last edited:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
It's been said a few times on Facebook that what you see personally on your screen may not be 100% the same as others see. So, just because you see your avatar pass the finish first compared to someone else's avatar, there may be internet lag for that other guy/gal, so they may actually have beaten you. I had this once myself; I out sprinted someone only to see on ZP that he had crossed the finish line ahead of me. Maybe this is what you saw last night too?

I like Paul’s explanation better, because that means I won the sprint. 😄

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Anyone else using Apple TV combined with a neo able to use ‘road feel’? I don’t normally use it anyway, but I noticed it wasn’t available in my in game settings, and I wonder if it’s due to the limited Bluetooth or something else.

Top Bottom