Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del C

Veteran
Anyone else using Apple TV combined with a neo able to use ‘road feel’? I don’t normally use it anyway, but I noticed it wasn’t available in my in game settings, and I wonder if it’s due to the limited Bluetooth or something else.
Works ok for me.

I'm sure you can switch it on/off on the settings page. Have you checked that?

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
Sounds like a dodgy Neo mate. When your new Tacx comes I’ll give you £50 for it, I can use it for spares.

bridgy

Legendary Member
:bravo:Reminder: Re-run of Stage 1 meet-up race on Road to Ruins course is at 6pm UK time tonight. See you there if you can make it....

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
:bravo:Reminder: Re-run of Stage 1 meet-up race on Road to Ruins course is at 6pm UK time tonight. See you there if you can make it....
6PM? 6PM!!!! Must not forget ..... 6PM 🤪

I'll be there ... unless I suddenly think it's 7PM :wacko:

Edit : just accepted meet up invite. Looks like it could be a good turnout again. I've already marked which wheels I need to try to sit on :whistle:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Works ok for me.

I'm sure you can switch it on/off on the settings page. Have you checked that?

The in app settings screen? If so it’s not offering the option where it used to. It’s like it’s not recognising the neo. Although it does on the pairing screen. I don’t use it anyway but I was having a problem pairing my power meter and wondered if it was part of the same bluetooth thing with Apple TV

Del C

Veteran
The in app settings screen? If so it’s not offering the option where it used to. It’s like it’s not recognising the neo. Although it does on the pairing screen. I don’t use it anyway but I was having a problem pairing my power meter and wondered if it was part of the same bluetooth thing with Apple TV
Yes that's the one.

If you click on the settings option then at the bottom of the page there's an option to turn on or off the Tacx road feel setting.

It shouldn't be affected by Bluetooth. There are a maximum of 3 Bluetooth channels. For me, that's the Neo, HRM and Companion app. If the Neo is connected that should cover power and cadence provided by the Neo and control information (including road feel if set to on) from the Zwift simulator to the Neo.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Haven’t answered invite yet. Not too sure when I will get home but I will try
Damn .... one less wheel for me to sit on 🚴‍♂️

<Tommy>

Yes that's the one.

If you click on the settings option then at the bottom of the page there's an option to turn on or off the Tacx road feel setting.

It shouldn't be affected by Bluetooth. There are a maximum of 3 Bluetooth channels. For me, that's the Neo, HRM and Companion app. If the Neo is connected that should cover power and cadence provided by the Neo and control information (including road feel if set to on) from the Zwift simulator to the Neo.

yeah it’s not showing on my screen. Weird...

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Anyone else using Apple TV combined with a neo able to use ‘road feel’? I don’t normally use it anyway, but I noticed it wasn’t available in my in game settings, and I wonder if it’s due to the limited Bluetooth or something else.

I wouldn't be too bothered Tommy. Its a feature which had its novel new feel, but after a few races, it actually slows you down compared to other set-ups. I found when I hit cobbles my effort had to be upped, cadence dropped due to extra resistance, all for vibration through the saddle

<Tommy>

If it is disabled via the Tacx Utility App, I don't think the option shows up in Zwift.

It may have reset itself I guess? It used to show I don’t actually use the app. Maybe I should...

I wouldn't be too bothered Tommy. Its a feature which had its novel new feel, but after a few races, it actually slows you down compared to other set-ups. I found when I hit cobbles my effort had to be upped, cadence dropped due to extra resistance, all for vibration through the saddle

That’s interesting. I don’t normally use it anyway but I didn’t realise it could have a negative effect.

like I said I only noticed the option had gone while trying to work out why my pm won’t pair.

on a side note but regarding the app. Anyone done firmware updates for the neo? I’ve never looked to see if there are any I need to do.

Top Bottom