Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
I use the term ‘we’ but really mean ‘they’!

Marino.g

Veteran
12Marino GOct 1, 201919.6mi/h148bpm201W
41cf847a5b702990fbba60cde11a1ef1716feec0cd46a0dd69.png
-56:27

peterob

Veteran
Good turnout last night for the first Tuesday session of the October league. Bridgy was so far up the road from the off with a small group behind that I didn't see what was going on higher up the leaderboard. Congrats Bridgy on an audacious start :notworthy:

A group of 5 came in over another minute behind. Adam and I rode together from the start and were able to pull in Del, Brendan and Steen en route and the group put up a sprint of sorts for the middle placings.

Some strong showings throughout, particularly considering it was the first race of the indoor season for many of us :rolleyes:

Initial league table below. I've made assumptions on people's Cats, based on previous 'knowledge' and this one race. If you think you've been placed in the wrong Cat, post why here and we can take the p1ss about it :laugh:.

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Good turnout last night for the first Tuesday session of the October league. Bridgy was so far up the road from the off with a small group behind that I didn't see what was going on higher up the leaderboard. Congrats Bridgy on an audacious start :notworthy:

A group of 5 came in over a minute behind. Adam and I rode together from the start and were able to pull in Del, Brendan and Steen en route and the group put up a sprint of sorts for the middle placings.

Some strong showings throughout, particularly considering it was the first race of the indoor season for many of us :rolleyes:

Initial league table below. I've made assumptions on people's Cats, based on previous 'knowledge' and this one race. If you think you've been placed in the wrong Cat, post why here and we can take the p1ss about it :laugh:.

View attachment 487486
Thanks Pete - I'll enjoy my temporary time at the top of the league as there's some very quick riders yet to come! Great turn out yesterday and looking at those times, some really close racing too, which is great.

Thursday re-run is at 6pm

If you don't have anything better to do, you can race again on Thursday and try and set a better time for the league table

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
14 runners isn’t bad at all for the first race of the winter season is it! Really positive stuff as I’m assuming that number can only swell further in the next few weeks.

From my own perspective I suppose I should be happy that I’m able to go for 20 miles without bailing after such a long lay off through injury. But the trouble with zwift is i find its impossible not to look at the numbers, and when I do it looks like I’m miles away from being fit. Hopefully a couple of races a week turns that around!

bridgy

Legendary Member
14 runners isn’t bad at all for the first race of the winter season is it! Really positive stuff as I’m assuming that number can only swell further in the next few weeks.

From my own perspective I suppose I should be happy that I’m able to go for 20 miles without bailing after such a long lay off through injury. But the trouble with zwift is i find its impossible not to look at the numbers, and when I do it looks like I’m miles away from being fit. Hopefully a couple of races a week turns that around!
It'll come mate, you just need a run of regular races to train your body for those kind of efforts again. Unfortunately that top end of fitness is easy to lose and hard to get back (the opposite of weight!)

Add

Diet starts tomorrow

Yeah really struggling mate! Weeks off the bike with hyperchondriac’s wrist and then come 2nd fastest in the first race of the season. I’ve always said you were a nob, and this just reinforces that belief.

Top Bottom