Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
so...the “experiment” was to find out what happens when you knock 25kg off your weight and peddle up hill? And you discovered it makes you go up hill a lot faster? Truly groundbreaking stuff Milzy! Maybe we should all be writing this down so we don’t need to try the same “experiment”. Thanks for solving that for us bud...:laugh::laugh:
LOL
My findings are the physics in Zwift are not quite near true to life but hey ho, near as it will ever be I suppose.
Weight back to 10.5 stone now. :P

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
@Whorty infinito CV disc ultegra di2 can be had for £5k so you'll have change. Most Bianchi dealers are on the small side so generally happy to do a deal. My infinito CV was customer built for me with upgraded components and came in £500 less than the rrp of the more basic model. It's worth phoning a few to see what they can do.
PM'd you Paul ..... be really interested in where you bought yours :okay:

We discussed this before starting the league and 7pm worked best for most people so that's what we settled on. I could probably manage 6.30pm but 6pm would be very tight for me in terms of when I get home from work. Bottom line is, whichever time we go for it suits some people better than others- and it's best to stick to a regular time slot otherwise people get confused!

Having said that, I'm open to doing next month's at 6.30pm if it suits most people better - I'll do a post asking for opinions before we start next month's league if you like

Happy to go with the majority here, but 7PM is my ideal time. Apologies for not completing the league this month - have been in Yorkshire for the worlds without a turbo!

I don’t need pulling up a mountain thanks. I like to race people who are trying just as hard as I am. I think This effected the outcome of the race as we managed to get away from bridgy who was coming back strong at the end and may well of beat us if we were not together I can’t speak for bridgy but if you have changed your weight just to get up the mountain quicker then I feel a little pissed off about it - if you haven’t and you really are 48 kg then I apologise

I completely understand why you'd be pissed off. It's a friendly league but weights should still be reasonable!

LOL
My findings are the physics in Zwift are not quite near true to life but hey ho, near as it will ever be I suppose.
Weight back to 10.5 stone now. :P

Hardy har. Save it for a solo ride next time...

bobinski

Legendary Member
Seems to me you boys and girls need some rules in your races before I will take part. Or one at least- Honest weight. Otherwise what’s the point of racing amongst friends? Round up not down. To the nearest kilo. No . 2 crap. Save the tests for other rides or ask people know in advance.

Whorty

Seems to me you boys and girls need some rules in your races before I will take part. Or one at least- Honest weight. Otherwise what’s the point of racing amongst friends? Round up not down. To the nearest kilo. No . 2 crap. Save the tests for other rides or ask people know in advance.
Hey Bob, that No 2 crap is what keeps my weight down on race day :laugh: I find No1's just don't help me lose enough weight :giggle:

Talking of which, as of next week I'm back on the wagon of weight loss. Been stuck at 74kg now for a few months so about time I put some effort in and got myself closer to 70.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Hey Bob, that No 2 crap is what keeps my weight down on race day :laugh: I find No1's just don't help me lose enough weight :giggle:

Talking of which, as of next week I'm back on the wagon of weight loss. Been stuck at 74kg now for a few months so about time I put some effort in and got myself closer to 70.

that . 2 should be made clearer I mean the 0.2 stuff eg. 71.2 kilos. Pleezzzzeee. Choose the honest rounded up number.

Keep it honest from now in for the meet ups.

and whorty, eat less cake.

But what’s the sample period, @bobinski ? Some might consider it reasonable to update weight before every race, some on a set frequency e.g weekly/monthly, some when they think there has been a change!

I can feel an official rule book coming on :laugh:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
But what’s the sample period, @bobinski ? Some might consider it reasonable to update weight before every race, some on a set frequency e.g weekly/monthly, some when they think there has been a change!

I don’t think we would lose a lot of weight to make much difference , 1 or 2 kilos surely doesn’t make a lot difference
I have been under weight for a while now but haven’t updated Zwift as I think it is making me work harder and hoping weight will go back on soon

bobinski

Legendary Member

😁

I weigh myself everyday same time post crap and breakfast 😀 But a weekly weight is good. A kilo makes little difference. How about we all just agree to be honest. After all we do meet up now and again and if someone’s taking the P it will show!

I am 74 on SF for worse case accuracy and 72 on zwift because I haven’t been racing and beer between the 2 but happy toset it at 73 or 74 kilos.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
This is a bit of a depressing conversation to have. I see this crap on the Facebook groups all the time and think how glad I am we don’t have to have it here. For what it’s worth my weight on zwift is 78.9. I really can’t remember where the 9 came from. I sometimes think I might of been going for the zero and hit the wrong key or something ^_^.Before anyone lunches me and says I should make it 79kg. My actual weight is actually lower (77 kg most days after a poop!). But I’m too lazy to change it and figure I’d rather be too high than too low.
At the end of the day if people want to cheat on zwift it’s already been proven it’s very hard to prove it / stop them. So what can you do?...

Whorty

Is it just me who doesn't really care any more what others set their weight etc? I assume we all, generally, are honest. I race mostly against complete strangers on zwift races, and i have no idea if they are being honest or not, so i don't get concerned by it. I get in a race, get in a group then race whoever is around me. Whether they are really 200kg in real life, but race at 70kg doesn't impact my enjoyment :okay: I'm never going to set the world alight as a top rider :tongue:

bobinski

Legendary Member
This is a bit of a depressing conversation to have. I see this crap on the Facebook groups all the time and think how glad I am we don’t have to have it here. For what it’s worth my weight on zwift is 78.9. I really can’t remember where the 9 came from. I sometimes think I might of been going for the zero and hit the wrong key or something ^_^.Before anyone lunches me and says I should make it 79kg. My actual weight is actually lower (77 kg most days after a poop!). But I’m too lazy to change it and figure I’d rather be too high than too low.
At the end of the day if people want to cheat on zwift it’s already been proven it’s very hard to prove it / stop them. So what can you do?...

I am not taking you out to lunch so you can accurately report your weight at 79 kilos. Buy your own lunch👍

Last edited:

Milzy

Guru
You tend to see people racing at screaming speeds with an average HR of 150ish. That’s suspicious, they may be seriously fit, but all out most are around 180 bpm. If someone is winning at 154 bpm why aren’t they pushing it harder? There’s room to be even faster. Even Zwift Power can be cheated to some extent as long as they don’t extract the urine too much with their weight doping.

Milzy

Guru
Is it just me who doesn't really care any more what others set their weight etc? I assume we all, generally, are honest. I race mostly against complete strangers on zwift races, and i have no idea if they are being honest or not, so i don't get concerned by it. I get in a race, get in a group then race whoever is around me. Whether they are really 200kg in real life, but race at 70kg doesn't impact my enjoyment :okay: I'm never going to set the world alight as a top rider :tongue:
Totally agree with this. Then there’s countless dumb trainer users flying past you you down hill like they’re on a scud missile then up hill past you like they’re on a Honda Fireblade.
The problems have been there since day one & will still be there tomorrow.
It will be the same for the full on race simulator Veloton.

Top Bottom