Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del C

Veteran
I can do Tuesday or Thursday.

6pm would be better but 7pm is ok.

I’ve missed the September league through holidays and family stuff. October may be a problem but I’ll maybe race as many weeks as I can.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Hi All

I’ve just joined Zwift and would like to join in racing too when I can (Tuesdays currently looking good) and if you’ll have me 🙏

Started with a dumb trainer with speed, cadence and HRM sensors, but I wasn’t happy with the data as it definitely wasn’t looking right, so yesterday upgraded to a smart trainer which after one event (all the time I had yesterday) seems to give data I would expect.

I seem to be getting hooked with Zwift as I think I’ve been on it at least once a day every day since starting the trial (now subscribed).

Looking forward to seeing you in the virtual world.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
You being younger than most of us explains your high heart rate expectations. The older you get, the lower the HR in general. HR is a very individual number, and you really can’t compare two different riders just on that.
I rarely go past 155-160 avg. in a race, where many in their 30’s have no problem with 175 avg. which is around my max I think.
I see others (you and Jim spring to mind), with much lower heart rates than me and I'm always amazed. I average in a race about 165-170 with a max of 177-180. If I kept my heart towards 155-160 I'd be out the back of the groups in no time. Is my higher heart rate a sign that I'm less fit/efficient? Not sure if this means anything, but it's not my heart rate that holds me back, it's my legs tying up and I just can't push anymore.

Whorty

One of the problems with meetups, as opposed to ”proper” Zwift races, is that they are not registered on ZwiftPower. On ZP it is easy to spot weight cheating as your weight is logged during a race, and any changes will be flagged. You can also see the riders weight in previous races. So it is easy to tell if someone was a bit creative for a specific route.

Another problem is that if you do the ride of your life in a meetup, it doesn’t count on ZP, which may be even worse than being cheated by someone. :smile:
Hopefully at some stage Zwift will allow us to create 'proper' races and not just meetups, so that ZP can register them. This was in their road map at one point but it's gone a little quiet since meetups was released.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Hi All

I’ve just joined Zwift and would like to join in racing too when I can (Tuesdays currently looking good) and if you’ll have me 🙏

Started with a dumb trainer with speed, cadence and HRM sensors, but I wasn’t happy with the data as it definitely wasn’t looking right, so yesterday upgraded to a smart trainer which after one event (all the time I had yesterday) seems to give data I would expect.

I seem to be getting hooked with Zwift as I think I’ve been on it at least once a day every day since starting the trial (now subscribed).

Looking forward to seeing you in the virtual world.

:hello:

As you can tell from all the waffle getting spoken here. We’re not fussy about who joins the races ^_^

welcome aboard! There’s a Strava group to join and a zwift club to join if you get a taste for the it.

<Tommy>

I see others (you and Jim spring to mind), with much lower heart rates than me and I'm always amazed. I average in a race about 165-170 with a max of 177-180. If I kept my heart towards 155-160 I'd be out the back of the groups in no time. Is my higher heart rate a sign that I'm less fit/efficient? Not sure if this means anything, but it's not my heart rate that holds me back, it's my legs tying up and I just can't push anymore.

After a few months of racing my heart rate capacity seems to get higher. I mean I can get it close to 200bpm if I’m in good condition. But I always think of a low bpm count as a sign of fitness and efficiency. So it’s a bit of a contradiction. I’m confused...

Whorty

Ok, I didn't think it needed saying but for the record.... PLEASE USE YOUR REAL WEIGHT FOR LEAGUE RACES (or close to real weight, don't expect you to check and micro adjust it every time)!

The problem is, it's just completely against the spirit of our league Adam, and it could well have affected the outcome of the race - I was only 24 seconds behind you and Lee after an hour of racing so if you hadn' t dropped your weight and been riding with Lee it may have turned out differently - but I am sure Lee would have still won the league overall!

It's a shame you're not going to race any more as I've enjoyed some good close battles with you.

ANYWAY......

I'm up for doing a league again next month and going forward through the winter. We can do a Tuesday and Thursday race to ensure as many people as possible can join in - as it happens I should be able to do Tuesdays too. What time on Tuesday night works for people? Worth doing a 6pm Tuesday and 7pm Thursday to accommodate as many people as possible?

I will finalise the September league table early next week so if anyone wants to set a time for any missed stages let me know
Paul - those dates and times would be great ... the only possible spanner in the works will be if the Tuesday world differs from the Thursday world (unless we mostly stick to Watopia). Really appreciate the effort you put in to organise so will always try to join live where I can :okay:

<Tommy>

Either time is good for me ,but if it’s run on a Tuesday and Thursday a 6pm and a 7pm start may be easier for some people to ride , the same person wouldn’t have to be beacon in each would they

having two races both nights would dilute both races though Chris.

7 both nights is my preference. One other suggestion. Weekend race? And also people can post up other regular races they do? I wouldn’t mind joining some hare and hound races or something if anyone fancies it. And the next few weeks my schedule is quite relaxed so I can race during the day if anyone about.

Whorty

After a few months of racing my heart rate capacity seems to get higher. I mean I can get it close to 200bpm if I’m in good condition. But I always think of a low bpm count as a sign of fitness and efficiency. So it’s a bit of a contradiction. I’m confused...
Yeah, confuses me too. I never get too out of breath even at 180 rpm. It's always my legs that fail first. I feel if I could put more through the legs I could probably get my heart rate higher but I just don't have the leg strength. I thin I need to do more HIIT sessions to see if that helps.

Whorty

having two races both nights would dilute both races though Chris.

7 both nights is my preference. One other suggestion. Weekend race? And also people can post up other regular races they do? I wouldn’t mind joining some hare and hound races or something if anyone fancies it. And the next few weeks my schedule is quite relaxed so I can race during the day if anyone about.
I love the Hare and Hounds races. I do try to join them as often as I can.

Brusgaard

Über Guru

Some people have a big heart and others a smaller. The smaller of course have to work faster to pump the same amount.

I don’t consider myself fit, and I think my race results proves that. My problem is over-eating and under-performing. :smile:

Is there a doctor in the house, to give a more informed explanation on HR and fitness?

Top Bottom