Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
It will always be different in big races against strangers
A meet up league is a small get together of friends who can’t meet up much in the real world and it’s a laugh
You know what , I was going to go into a long ramble but I just can’t be bothered
Thanks bridgy for sorting it this month. Hope you do it next month

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
To be honest whether anyone cares or not if other people are cheating in the wider zwift world is a moot point. This isn’t the wider zwift world of faceless anonymous people. This is a close nit group of people who have got to know each other and owe each other a certain level of respect. You might not care. Others do care. it’s not for you to judge whether others should care, or how much they should care. Just respect that. It’s pretty simple like that. We’re very lucky here. Don’t fuk it up!

Milzy all due respect to you but you didn’t hold your hands up after the race. Or say what you intended to do before the race. You held your hands up a day later when people were questioning it. That kinda stinks mate. You got to see that. I’m not saying you were definitley trying to cheat. But I’m not an idiot. And only an idiot would say you definitely weren’t trying to cheat. That’s just how it is. That’s how you’d most likely see it if the roles were reversed. Anyone with half a brain would. Maybe you did it before. Who knows? I don’t. Only you know bud. And that’s a real shame really isn’t it? And that’s the same for everyone. If anyone here did that the doubt would be the same. Not trying to pick on you but we’re having this conversation because of you. I’m just saying that’s why you need to be honest to yourself.
This isn’t life or death it’s just racing and banter. If we have to keep having conversations like this I’ll probably end up bailing out of it coz it’s boring.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
You tend to see people racing at screaming speeds with an average HR of 150ish. That’s suspicious, they may be seriously fit, but all out most are around 180 bpm. If someone is winning at 154 bpm why aren’t they pushing it harder? There’s room to be even faster.

You being younger than most of us explains your high heart rate expectations. The older you get, the lower the HR in general. HR is a very individual number, and you really can’t compare two different riders just on that.
I rarely go past 155-160 avg. in a race, where many in their 30’s have no problem with 175 avg. which is around my max I think.

Milzy

Guru
To be honest whether anyone cares or not if other people are cheating in the wider zwift world is a moot point. This isn’t the wider zwift world of faceless anonymous people. This is a close nit group of people who have got to know each other and owe each other a certain level of respect. You might not care. Others do care. it’s not for you to judge whether others should care, or how much they should care. Just respect that. It’s pretty simple like that. We’re very lucky here. Don’t fuk it up!

Milzy all due respect to you but you didn’t hold your hands up after the race. Or say what you intended to do before the race. You held your hands up a day later when people were questioning it. That kinda stinks mate. You got to see that. I’m not saying you were definitley trying to cheat. But I’m not an idiot. And only an idiot would say you definitely weren’t trying to cheat. That’s just how it is. That’s how you’d most likely see it if the roles were reversed. Anyone with half a brain would. Maybe you did it before. Who knows? I don’t. Only you know bud. And that’s a real shame really isn’t it? And that’s the same for everyone. If anyone here did that the doubt would be the same. Not trying to pick on you but we’re having this conversation because of you. I’m just saying that’s why you need to be honest to yourself.
This isn’t life or death it’s just racing and banter. If we have to keep having conversations like this I’ll probably end up bailing out of it coz it’s boring.
It was the last one of the league, and my last appearance. No need to be so butt hurt about it. Just a one off finale. I’ve already bailed out.
Thanks to Bridgey for running it so well.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
One of the problems with meetups, as opposed to ”proper” Zwift races, is that they are not registered on ZwiftPower. On ZP it is easy to spot weight cheating as your weight is logged during a race, and any changes will be flagged. You can also see the riders weight in previous races. So it is easy to tell if someone was a bit creative for a specific route.

Another problem is that if you do the ride of your life in a meetup, it doesn’t count on ZP, which may be even worse than being cheated by someone. :smile:

Last edited:

<Tommy>

It was the last one of the league, and my last appearance. No need to be so butt hurt about it. Just a one off finale. I’ve already bailed out.
Thanks to Bridgey for running it so well.

It’s not hurt me at all. You’re the one it’s hurt milzy. Because now we won’t know if you’re a cheat or not. Maybe you don’t care about that either. Maybe you don’t care about the name you make for yourself. But that’s the way it is.
Either way Good luck.

<Tommy>

One of the problems with meetups, as opposed to ”proper” Zwift races, is that they are not registered on ZwiftPower. On ZP it is easy to spot weight cheating as your weight is logged during a race, and any changes will be flagged. You can also see the riders weight in previous races. So it is easy to tell if someone was a bit creative for a specific route.

Another problem is that if you do the ride of you life in a meetup, it doesn’t count on ZP, which may be even worse than being cheated by someone. :smile:

there are definitely pros and cons to it. One thing it requires is a level of trust I guess. It’s been ok up until this point.

the bigger problem for me is the lack of proper start and finish line. Hopefully that gets sorted at some point.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Ok, I didn't think it needed saying but for the record.... PLEASE USE YOUR REAL WEIGHT FOR LEAGUE RACES (or close to real weight, don't expect you to check and micro adjust it every time)!

The problem is, it's just completely against the spirit of our league Adam, and it could well have affected the outcome of the race - I was only 24 seconds behind you and Lee after an hour of racing so if you hadn' t dropped your weight and been riding with Lee it may have turned out differently - but I am sure Lee would have still won the league overall!

It's a shame you're not going to race any more as I've enjoyed some good close battles with you.

ANYWAY......

I'm up for doing a league again next month and going forward through the winter. We can do a Tuesday and Thursday race to ensure as many people as possible can join in - as it happens I should be able to do Tuesdays too. What time on Tuesday night works for people? Worth doing a 6pm Tuesday and 7pm Thursday to accommodate as many people as possible?

I will finalise the September league table early next week so if anyone wants to set a time for any missed stages let me know

bridgy

Legendary Member

Another problem is that if you do the ride of you life in a meetup, it doesn’t count on ZP, which may be even worse than being cheated by someone. :smile:
All true - private races on zwift are currently still a bit of a "bodge" - but it's all on Strava which is where it really counts :okay: (and also where weight doping can be spotted to some extent)

<Tommy>

Ok, I didn't think it needed saying but for the record.... PLEASE USE YOUR REAL WEIGHT FOR LEAGUE RACES (or close to real weight, don't expect you to check and micro adjust it every time)!

The problem is, it's just completely against the spirit of our league Adam, and it could well have affected the outcome of the race - I was only 24 seconds behind you and Lee after an hour of racing so if you hadn' t dropped your weight and been riding with Lee it may have turned out differently - but I am sure Lee would have still won the league overall!

It's a shame you're not going to race any more as I've enjoyed some good close battles with you.

ANYWAY......

I'm up for doing a league again next month and going forward through the winter. We can do a Tuesday and Thursday race to ensure as many people as possible can join in - as it happens I should be able to do Tuesdays too. What time on Tuesday night works for people? Worth doing a 6pm Tuesday and 7pm Thursday to accommodate as many people as possible?

I will finalise the September league table early next week so if anyone wants to set a time for any missed stages let me know

Anyway we can workout a handicap race for tuesdays? Or some other format?
Maybe poke Geoff out of retirement! (7 is better for me I think though If it’s fairer to do one at 6 I understand).

I agree it’s a shame you’re dropping out milzy. If you’re using your proper weight or not I was still looking forward to racing you!

Milzy

Guru
Maybe poke Geoff out of retirement! (7 is better for me I think though If it’s fairer to do one at 6 I understand).

I agree it’s a shame you’re dropping out milzy. If you’re using your proper weight or not I was still looking forward to racing you!
The problem is 7pm start would leave me wide awake for bed time. If there was at least 10 people every time it might be worth putting up with that but the numbers have been a bit low for it to be worthwhile. I’d expect with the winter drawing in fast, it can only become more popular I suppose.
Ride on!

bridgy

Legendary Member

A handicap chase of some sort should in theory be possible via a meet up but I can foresee some logistical problems! I think it's best if we first try and build up the numbers for the basic league and then potentially have a play with the format once we have sufficient numbers.

As for timings, I can do: Tuesday - earliest 6pm, latest 7pm; Thursday - earliest 6pm, latest 7pm.

If everyone who wants to join in says what they can manage too, maybe we can work out how best to do the timings?

Top Bottom