Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I'm sure we will :smile:. I just did a real life TT last week, avereging 26.5 mph, so I'ts not like I'm completely hopeless right now.
I felt ok on the flat but when we hit the mountain it got a lot harder to hold the same watts. 231 watts 160 bpm on the Watoipia mountain. For comparison I avg. 323 watts 165 bpm in that real life TT.

I’ve thought before that maybe your real world rides weren’t the same as your rides on the turbo. Any chance your turbo isn’t reading power properly? Not that I’m complaining. I wouldn’t get close to your real world numbers! :notworthy:. I think I may be trying to chase you for some time this winter.

<Tommy>

There is a race today in Yorkshire circuit at 11:10 if anyone fancies it. I’ve entered the shorter c version (17 miles).

<Tommy>

Yep. Great experiment. It was the toying of the night.
Shane Sutton used to pull Bradley Wiggins up mount Teide on a motorbike. That’s what it was like.

so...the “experiment” was to find out what happens when you knock 25kg off your weight and peddle up hill? And you discovered it makes you go up hill a lot faster? Truly groundbreaking stuff Milzy! Maybe we should all be writing this down so we don’t need to try the same “experiment”. Thanks for solving that for us bud...:laugh::laugh:

JuhaL

Guru
Nope. Wife keeps nagging me to go to a bike shop and check out something new. Looks like we're going today ^_^
Are you wrote the list like top-5 hottest candidate or something like that?.

edit. nice new facelift in a cyclechat forum.

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Are you wrote the list like top-5 hottest candidate or something like that?.
I have lots of candidates but keep going back to the beautiful Bianchis. Just depends on the model and components. Top of list is the Infinito CV with Di2, but I want to check out the Oltra XR3 to see if that is too aggressive for my back. Happy to go up to £6k so a big choice :okay: If it was a pure 'head' decision I'd probably go for the Spesh roubeax, but I'm going to let the heart win on this one. Wife loves the look of the Bianchi too, and as she's treating me then who am I to argue ^_^

JuhaL

Guru
I have lots of candidates but keep going back to the beautiful Bianchis. Just depends on the model and components. Top of list is the Infinito CV with Di2, but I want to check out the Oltra XR3 to see if that is too aggressive for my back. Happy to go up to £6k so a big choice :okay: If it was a pure 'head' decision I'd probably go for the Spesh roubeax, but I'm going to let the heart win on this one. Wife loves the look of the Bianchi too, and as she's treating me then who am I to argue ^_^
That budget is perfect, it gives lot of choices and good to keep both happy :smile:. If you find more bikes in sale then you have even more choices.

Norry1

Legendary Member
There is a race today in Yorkshire circuit at 11:10 if anyone fancies it. I’ve entered the shorter c version (17 miles).

I'll be there in person although the weather forecast is awful again. Will probably try out the Zwift Draft House

<Tommy>

Go with your heart mate. And my small bit of advice. Don’t compromise on colour. Get the colour you want even if you have to pay a little more for it. I think either of those bikes will serve you well for a very long time.

LBHIFI

Veteran
I’ve thought before that maybe your real world rides weren’t the same as your rides on the turbo. Any chance your turbo isn’t reading power properly? Not that I’m complaining. I wouldn’t get close to your real world numbers! :notworthy:. I think I may be trying to chase you for some time this winter.
Im' not really shure what's going on, but for now I'm going to leave things as they are. That way I will always have an excuse ready when I don't perfom :whistle:

<Tommy>

:whistle:
Im' not really shure what's going on, but for now I'm going to leave things as they are. That way I will always have an excuse ready when I don't perfom

Putting out that power in the tt position is very impressive to me. And actually gives you another good excuse. Because zwift obviously won’t recognise your position and will punish you for your height. (The fact I can use the same excuse is just a coincidence I promise! :whistle: )

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Had a bit of a blow out in the end! Went to the first shop and they pretty much only sold big, fat tyred bikes (even though their website shows all manner of race bikes). I did see a Bianchi but it was a 105, lower spec. HID loved the look of it but convinced me to hold out for the exact spec that I wanted. The shops other store, in Bournemouth, had the bike I wanted in stock so we headed over there. Problem was, a serious accident closed the road down and there was total gridlock. After 30 mins of going nowhere we bailed, turned around and headed back home. :banghead:

In hindsight, it would have been quicker to head to County Cycles in Cross Hands so we may plan a trip there instead to visit them. Have pinged them a mail to see what they have in stock.

Weather is rubbish, so maybe not a bad thing that I didn't get the new bike this weekend LOL

kipster

Guru
@Whorty infinito CV disc ultegra di2 can be had for £5k so you'll have change. Most Bianchi dealers are on the small side so generally happy to do a deal. My infinito CV was customer built for me with upgraded components and came in £500 less than the rrp of the more basic model. It's worth phoning a few to see what they can do.

Had a bit of a blow out in the end! Went to the first shop and they pretty much only sold big, fat tyred bikes (even though their website shows all manner of race bikes). I did see a Bianchi but it was a 105, lower spec. HID loved the look of it but convinced me to hold out for the exact spec that I wanted. The shops other store, in Bournemouth, had the bike I wanted in stock so we headed over there. Problem was, a serious accident closed the road down and there was total gridlock. After 30 mins of going nowhere we bailed, turned around and headed back home. :banghead:

In hindsight, it would have been quicker to head to County Cycles in Cross Hands so we may plan a trip there instead to visit them. Have pinged them a mail to see what they have in stock.

Weather is rubbish, so maybe not a bad thing that I didn't get the new bike this weekend LOL
They had this in stock in May.

Attachments

• 4017771A-DCF4-4D6F-B941-B61D9D380183.png
    4017771A-DCF4-4D6F-B941-B61D9D380183.png
    322.2 KB · Views: 11
Top Bottom