Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Yesterday evening. Magnificent red deer stag that snuck through the deer-proof fences at Ault a'chruinn, Loch Duich:
84.Stag.JPG

(Taken from the car less than 100yds away. He knew I was watching him, but he kept grazing anyway).
This evening. Otter climbing ashore on the banks of Loch Duich.
129.Otter.JPG

We were standing only about 50yds away and he was completely nonchalant. Seemed to be visiting his favourite rock just to roll around on his back like a labrador having a self-service back scratch.
130..JPG

Then just like that, he was gone.
133..JPG

We have seen a few porpoise each day, riding the tide in and out, but every camera shot has missed the fins sticking out of the water by less than a second. Likewise with a seal that keeps diving just as I'm about to take a picture. Difficult to focus on the right patch of water where you expect them to pop up. Can't complain with this week's captures though.

We have seen a few porpoise each day, riding the tide in and out, but every camera shot has missed the fins sticking out of the water by less than a second.

At least you had a sense of porpoise.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I had no idea what this is, but an image search on Google indicates a Willow Beauty moth - found on my bathroom wondow frame this afternoon
1725651744916.jpeg

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Driving northwards from the Mull of Galloway along the A716 between Drummore and Ardwell, I had to do a quick U-turn when I spotted a group of seals lying on rocks just ten yards or so from the beach. Four of them were loafing on rocks and at least one other was swimming nearby. Totally unfazed by a couple walking along the beach and my wife and I gawping at them from the car.
IMG_2082.JPG

IMG_2085.JPG

IMG_2083.JPG

Top Bottom