When is it going to stop... Raining

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Meanwhile, here in Glasgow it still hasn't stopped raining.
Rain plus sunny spells during the day, rain plus a chilly wind from late afternoon.
May I recommend Aldi's waterproof over trousers, effective and not boil in the bag if you pick a size up.
I've used them more this summer than in the whole of last winter :laugh:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Oban area (west coast, for those who don't know).

I will have to check with my cousin what the cycling conditions have been like. We haven't been in touch since the pandemic.

I was lucky and got two goodish days cycling from my son’s house just 6 miles out of Oban about a month ago. First time for ages when I visited them I got any triking.

classic33

Leg End Member
Not since I was about 14 years old! :okay: (6' 1")

How young do you think I am! :laugh:
I'm sure a wetsuit for someone 6' would stretch that extra 1", without too much trouble.

Nearly as old as you feel!
The super-wet and super-sunny summers would both have been somewhere between 1960 (me being old enough to remember them) and 1969 (my last childhood summer there). If you can't track them down I might have a look myself later.
1982, 1995, 2003, 2018...
They're just four of the top of my head.
You not around these parts in '95, when they were bringing the water in by tankers.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Glen Lonan over to Taynuilt is nice and then cut down the side of Loch Awe.
I did that years ago. Very nice!

The 'southern loop' I mentioned on Mull was Glen More, west coast, and cut across to Salen. I never made it further north than that. I do fancy doing the rest of Mull but maybe not at that time of year, and definitely not in bad weather!

I will probably ride Gleann Salach, Loch Etive again.

I liked the dead-end road from Connel up to Musdale.

I hope to loop around the end of Loch Creran and Appin again too.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
S.E Lakes - nice enough today but humungous rain overnight.

The river by the house (150' away and 70' down in a rocky ravine) is well and truly in spate.

Was warm but breezy in Manchester yesterday:

1000010211.jpg

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'm about to take my shiny new (to me anyway, but it's not far off as-new) bike out for a spin.

It's raining.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
And, just for a change, it is bucketing down here in the S.E Lakes. With high winds too, making it a tad miserable out there.

I feel sorry for the holiday makers.

I hope they keep off of the Fells too - 3 more idiots needed rescuing from Scafell Pike by the local MRT. They ignored severe weather warnings during storm 'Lilian' - utter fools.

Brandane

Legendary Member
And, just for a change, it is bucketing down here in the S.E Lakes. With high winds too, making it a tad miserable out there.

I feel sorry for the holiday makers.

I hope they keep off of the Fells too - 3 more idiots needed rescuing from Scafell Pike by the local MRT. They ignored severe weather warnings during storm 'Lilian' - utter fools.

If you are feeling particularly masochistic, take a look at the forecast for London and the SE for the next 2 weeks. Warm and sunny. But take comfort in the fact that here on the Costa Clyde it is also wet, windy, and COLD, as it has been pretty much all summer. Unbelievable just how consistently bad it has been. Every weekend is a 3 day weekend for me (part time hours at work) and even at that there has not been a single weekend this year where I have been able to get a few days away on the pedal bike or motorbike, due to the forecast of persistent rain for at least one day of every weekend. Completely fed up with it now. And as for roof repairs I need done - all local roofers are months behind due to the weather. So who knows what chaos the winter storms will cause this year on the ill prepared roofs.

classic33

Leg End Member
Top Bottom