When is it going to stop... Raining

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OldShep

Über Member
It’s official …Summer 2024 has been so wet it's a record breaker
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cr5n7nn289do

Brandane

Legendary Member
It’s official …Summer 2024 has been so wet it's a record breaker
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cr5n7nn289do

In the above link, it says that Millport on the Isle of Cumbrae (about 2 miles from me) has had 240% of it's average summer rainfall (June, July, and August). And lest we forget, the average is a high starting point! Plus, I doubt the figures include last nights 6 hour downpour resulting in flooding this morning. An utter stinker of a summer which I will be glad to see the back of.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Earlier in the week tomorrow (Sunday) was forecast to be glorious.

That soon changed:

1000010318.jpg

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Finally - THE SUN IS OUT!!
Here it's sunny too ^_^
We'll see about tomorrow, I'm hopeful ^_^

Brandane

Legendary Member
Earlier in the week tomorrow (Sunday) was forecast to be glorious.

That soon changed:

View attachment 743423

Thunderstorms? And the temperatures? 12C? My original plan for this weekend was to get a mini tour on the motorbike somewhere in Cumbria or North Yorkshire. Happily I didn't book anything based on the forecast a few days ago, because as you say it was supposed to be nice. Then it changed. So did my plans, and I am now in the Scottish Highlands, at Grantown on Spey. Heading home tomorrow to avoid the rain forecast for Monday. At least we got (or are hoping to get) 2 consecutive dry days at the weekend for the first time since about May. Seriously, I have been trying to get a road trip done since May but there hasn't been a weekend when one or both days hasn't been a washout. Actually there was, in July, but that coincided with a family wedding so I figured it wasn't a good idea to head off on a motorbike road trip.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Todays forecast from midweek was rain in the morning , then by friday rain in the afternoon, yesterday was forecast rain overnight then when we actually got to today its now forecast rain for the early hours tomorrow just in time to go to work .

Top Bottom