When is it going to stop... Raining

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Totally annoying drops of rain yesterday and after just letting my mutt out for a pee it's still going on! It's not full rain, as in little separation between the drops, more larger drops a few inches apart. I heard that we can only expect a summer, when we'll have an 'Indian summer' in mid to late September. :thumbsdown:

Last edited:

Brandane

Legendary Member
By our standards, the past week has been mostly good. And I have been on holiday (at home), so a bonus. Managed a few rides. But.... normal service due to return on Thursday, and the forecast for the following 10 days is "unsettled". Which pretty much sums it up. We just don't seem to get long spells of good weather any more, at any time of year. Maybe 3 or 4 days, and that's it; back to wind and rain for weeks on end.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
We had torrential rain yesterday (Monday) but the forecast is now saying 20 degrees and dry from today (Tuesday) until Friday. This is excellent news as my sons sportsday was cancelled yesterday but will go ahead Thursday. We've also pressure washed all of our fences and woodwork in the garden ready for spraying paint - should have dried out properly by Thursday. I do love getting the spray gun out

We had torrential rain yesterday (Monday) but the forecast is now saying 20 degrees and dry from today (Tuesday) until Friday. This is excellent news as my sons sportsday was cancelled yesterday but will go ahead Thursday. We've also pressure washed all of our fences and woodwork in the garden ready for spraying paint - should have dried out properly by Thursday. I do love getting the spray gun out

A sports day cancelled for rain (or indeed any reason) is the best sports day ever.

lazybloke

Priest of the cult of Chris Rea
If you saw news of the royal visit to Jersey yesterday... that shot of the parade in torrential rain! Those half-drowned scouts!

The same weather swept through SE England yesterday evening; sufficiently heavy to block satellite TV.

Brandane

Legendary Member
sufficiently heavy to block satellite TV.

Every cloud has a silver lining....... :smile:

Alex321

Guru
Of the 3 you listed, I haven't even heard of 2 of them. And Love Island which I have heard of, I have never watched.

I'd heard of two of them - I've seen trailers for Below Deck on Channel 4 - it is a "reality" series about the crew members of a luxury yacht I believe. Never seen an episode, nor one of Love Island.

And like you, I hadn't even heard of Hey Duggee. Looking it up, it appears to be an animated series on cbeebies.

Top Bottom