What's the most disgusting thing you've eaten?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
Olives in any 'flavour'. It's a combination of the taste & texture. :thumbsdown:
The GLW is of the same opinion, although my sister really likes olives.
No accounting for taste - ! :laugh:

Alex321

Guru
Olives in any 'flavour'. It's a combination of the taste & texture. :thumbsdown:
The GLW is of the same opinion, although my sister really likes olives.
No accounting for taste - ! :laugh:

I can understand that. Personally, I love them (now), but they are definitely an acquired taste, and quite a strong taste, so I fully understand why some people don't.

simongt

Guru
Liver. Any kind of liver.
With bacon & onions, one of my favourite dishes - ! :okay:
The main issue of this thread is that taste is such a broad canvas that folk cannot be criticised for liking or disliking any food that someone else dislikes or likes. ^_^
It's partly biological in how an individual's taste buds interpret certain flavours and also psychological: usually to with the origin or processing of certain foods. :whistle:

simongt

Guru
I can understand that. Personally, I love them (now), but they are definitely an acquired taste, and quite a strong taste, so I fully understand why some people don't.
What is interesting here is that most folk go off or develop a taste for certain foods as they get older. But I first tried an olive when I was about six and have hated them ever since and that was about sixty five years ago - ! :laugh:

Dave7

Legendary Member

Has to be garlic for me.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
There's not much I don't like. I'm not a fussy eater as far as normal run of the mill food goes.

I absolutely love rabbit, liver and lamb. And kidneys too come to that.

Some things like insects are a bit too weird for me to really enjoy. Escargots too. I mean I've eaten them, but the fact that they were snails took the edge off what little pleasure there is to be had from eating garlic flavoured rubber.

On the subject of rubber, I'll avoid whelks if I can. I'm not sure why anyone ever felt the need to class them as edible.

Alex321

Guru
There's not much I don't like. I'm not a fussy eater as far as normal run of the mill food goes.

Some things like insects are a bit too weird for me to really enjoy. Escargots too. I mean I've eaten them, but the fact that they were snails took the edge off what little pleasure there is to be had from eating garlic flavoured rubber.

On the subject of rubber, I'll avoid whelks if I can. I'm not sure why anyone ever felt the need to class them as edible.

They are just sea snails really, so if you aren't keen on one it's not really surprising to not like the other.

Escargots are a waste of good garlic butter.

If I'm going to eat something quintessentially French and a bit off-the-wall, I'd rather have frogs' legs. Overpriced and fiddly to eat, yes, but very pleasant to eat nonetheless.

Top Bottom