What's the most disgusting thing you've eaten?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
"They'd make a good fish stock", said a post on this Facebook page.:ohmy: Why, just why would you boil fish heads to make fish stock?!xx( Just buy some already made ffs!!šŸ§ I saw a tv program quite a few years ago about Grimsby docks, where someone said they'd now started saving cod heads to sell to Japan, instead of chucking them back in the sea, as they are considered to be a delicacy in Japan! :ohmy: xx(xx(xx(xx(

hc=Y5OZH3TahgkQ7kNvgE362cv&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

Last edited:

PK99

Legendary Member
The one thing I just canā€™t eat is a hard boiled egg, even the smell makes me reach.

probably because most people overcook hardboiled eggs, ending up with a blue/gray ring around the yolk and a sulfurous smell.

PK99

Legendary Member
"They'd make a good fish stock", said a post on this Facebook page.:ohmy: Why, just why would you boil fish heads to make fish stock?!xx( Just buy some already made ffs!!šŸ§ I saw a tv program quite a few years ago about Grimsby docks, where someone said they'd now started saving cod heads to sell to Japan, instead of chucking them back in the sea, as they are considered to be a delicacy in Japan! :ohmy: xx(xx(xx(xx(

View attachment 741341

Fallow in London does a great cod's head in siracha butter sauce, the eyeballs are a delicious pop of flavour.

signature-cod-s-head.jpg

View attachment 741341

I've never seen cod heads on sale in Japan. They may use them for making something processed though.

My (Japanese) Father in Law eats a fried fish every morning for Breakfast, but he always skewers the eye with his chopstick first, because he says he doesn't like them watching him eat.

Dadam

Ɯber Member
probably because most people overcook hardboiled eggs, ending up with a blue/gray ring around the yolk and a sulfurous smell.

100%
10min in boiling water, then immediately dunk in cold, or run under cold tap for a few seconds. Then if youā€™re not shelling them right away, crack the shell to let out more of the heat.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Fallow in London does a great cod's head in siracha butter sauce, the eyeballs are a delicious pop of flavour.

View attachment 741349
Oh no, I hate siracha butter sauce! :thumbsdown: xx( Now If I could have the cod's head without the siracha butter sauce, that would be just fine!!!:hungry: :laugh:

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Last edited:
Top Bottom