What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Squire
The Witchfinder General starring Vincent Price.Love it ! gave me the creeps when younger and still does now.

It's a classic, I love the way he goes slightly over the top in all his performances.

Adam4868

Guru
Great film!
Watched 2001 on bluray last night. Wow! It looks amazing compared to Sky, Netflix etc versions I have seen.
Have it on Blu-ray myself.One of the few Sci Fi films that I like.Not usually my thing but 2001 is a masterpiece by Kubrick.Some of the simplest scenes are the most moving ! Probally watch it at least once a year.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
The Witchfinder General starring Vincent Price.Love it ! gave me the creeps when younger and still does now.

I'm less keen on that, despite being a fan of the late great Mr Price. It's just a nasty and sadistic film, however well done.

Now "Theatre of Blood" or "Doctor Phibes" on the other hand ...

Adam4868

Guru
I'm less keen on that, despite being a fan of the late great Mr Price. It's just a nasty and sadistic film, however well done.

Now "Theatre of Blood" or "Doctor Phibes" on the other hand ...
Maybe real life was just "nasty and sadistic" back then.Its madness that there was ever a Witchfinder !
But I take your point.

Megan is Missing (Internet)

It's a found footage horror of one girls disappearance and her friend's attempt to find her. It gets a bit bleak but I enjoyed it.

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
Troll - 6.5/10

I enjoyed this, neatly shot, good monster effects (despite being CGI) and well acted. That said, it's very formulaic, and I suspect if it wasn't in Norwegian, the critics may not have viewed it as anything other than a bog-standard creature feature.

mustang1

Legendary Member
End of Watch

Edit: I've seen this movie a few times and I still enjoyed it. It's the kind of movie where you do not have to concentrate much to follow along. Starring Michael Pena and the guy from Donnie Darko (there's no point me looking up his name, I will only forget it again), it's about the life of two cops who are somewhat gung-ho in their work ethics. Yeah, enjoyable. Probably won't suit anyone who's looking for a mature and intense story line. But with some nice up-beat music, the sunshine in California, and the easy-going story, it's a nice way to spend some time for entertainment.

Last edited:
Top Bottom