What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Legendary Member
And your review is...? :whistle:

PS I remembered the title but not what it was about. I just looked it up... I enjoyed that one.

Good point. I was going to write a small review but then got called away for mundane tasks. :smile: Now edited the original post! :cheers:

Troll - 6.5/10

I enjoyed this, neatly shot, good monster effects (despite being CGI) and well acted. That said, it's very formulaic, and I suspect if it wasn't in Norwegian, the critics may not have viewed it as anything other than a bog-standard creature feature.

I'm going to watch this, theres another Norwegian Troll film called 'Trollhunter' from around 2010ish. Don't know if the 2 are connected but that one is worth checking out as well.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
OT but do you pronounce Troll to rhyme with bowl or hole, or to rhyme with col or Moll?

I've always been a troll-bowl person but I've noticed an increase in troll-Moll lately, especially relating to the internet variant.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Always been a col/Moll type myself. Does this need a poll?

Done. Sorry for thread derail.

I saw a documentary on film noir recently and plan to watch "Out of the Past" with Robert Mitchum, Jane Greer and Kirk Douglas as soon as I can get around to it.

I saw a documentary on film noir recently and plan to watch "Out of the Past" with Robert Mitchum, Jane Greer and Kirk Douglas as soon as I can get around to it.

Was that the S*y Arts one? We've only watched Ep1 so far; some interesting history! I didn't know that Fritz Lang made films more like "typical" noir, in addition to Metropolis - I can see us watching "M" and the Dr Mabuse films soon.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Was that the S*y Arts one? We've only watched Ep1 so far; some interesting history! I didn't know that Fritz Lang made films more like "typical" noir, in addition to metropolis - I can see us watching "M" and the Dr Mabuse films soon.

I didn't realise it had lots of episodes, I kind of assumed it was a one off. Or maybe it wasn't Sky Arts. I don't remember the channel, I just found it was on and watched it.

Top Bottom