What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Le Mans '66 for Europeans😉

I thought Jon Bernthal, Josh Lucas and Caitriona Balfe were great supporting in that. Bale and Damon killed it, and its probably the best modern motorsport film I've seen.

I fully hold my head high in admitting a little tear came from me a few times in the story. Especially at the end of Le Man.

HAPPY.
Fair enough on the name
Without checking, l’m sure it was listed as ‘F v F’ on Virgin?

Barring Bales accent, l enjoyed his part, but l guess a ‘Black Country’ accent would have been indecipherable to the Yanks!

I seem to recall from Damon appearing on (probably) ‘Top Gear’, that the blue Cobra he drove in the film was his own?

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Prey

Possibly the best Predator movie since the 80's

Fair enough on the name
Without checking, l’m sure it was listed as ‘F v F’ on Virgin?

Barring Bales accent, l enjoyed his part, but l guess a ‘Black Country’ accent would have been indecipherable to the Yanks!

I seem to recall from Damon appearing on (probably) ‘Top Gear’, that the blue Cobra he drove in the film was his own?

Oh yeah the version I watched was was FvF too, I just like that it had another (better?) name.

That was Matt Damons own though, damn I'm even more jealous of him now!

Top Gun - Maverick

Better than the first one I thought. It hits all the nostalgia spots early doors then settles in to be a good film. If you're not into war films this won't be for you, but if you are its one of the better (the best?) there is.

Minor complaint - Ed Harris is criminally underused:sad:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Original?

Remake is a good effort but it just didn't work.

Original, natch. I didn't even know they'd remade it.

I was amazed that it was in colour. I could have sworn it was B&W. Perhaps they colourised it? Nope. It was made in colour and my memory was playing tricks.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My sister and I wanted to watch an undemanding thriller last night so we put on The Alphabet Killer. Within 3 or 4 minutes we realised that it was so bad that we were daring each other to watch it through to the end! :laugh:

Our rating - 9/10. Oh, sorry, how did that extra space creep in? -9/10 (MINUS 9/10)!

The only way they could have made it worse would have been to have the dialogue in Swahili and forgotten to supply subtitles...

I recommend that you destroy all of the TVs in your house in case an armed intruder tries to force you to watch it. Play safe and smash your computers, phones and tablets too.

AndyRM

XOXO
My sister and I wanted to watch an undemanding thriller last night so we put on The Alphabet Killer. Within 3 or 4 minutes we realised that it was so bad that we were daring each other to watch it through to the end! :laugh:

Our rating - 9/10. Oh, sorry, how did that extra space creep in? -9/10 (MINUS 9/10)!

The only way they could have made it worse would have been to have the dialogue in Swahili and forgotten to supply subtitles...

I recommend that you destroy all of the TVs in your house in case an armed intruder tries to force you to watch it. Play safe and smash your computers, phones and tablets too.

Rob Schmidt is the director, right? Very hit and miss. I love Wrong Turn, but some of his other stuff is truly dreadful. Sounds like this one is a miss.

That confused me :-/

Until I realised you weren't reviewing this rather watchable bit of period fluff: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_ABC_Murders_(TV_series)

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Thor: Love and Thunder - 8/10

I'm not really one for superhero films, but I do like the Thor series. This doesn't disappoint: funny, self aware, a bit daft. And I thought, this style seems familiar, and so it should - Taika Waititi directed it.

Pure brain popcorn and a lot of fun.

saw ragnorok the other day , disengage brain

PaulB

Legendary Member
I watched "The Founder" based on the person who developed McDonalds to their current world domination. He was one hard nosed businessman.
At the end there's a foot note saying that 1% of the world eat McD every day!

I watched another film starring Keaton, 'Spotlight'. It's a true story about a team of investigative journalists from the Boston Globe uncovering a massive scandal of child molestation and cover-up within the local Catholic Archdiocese. Horrible stuff to learn.

Top Bottom