What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How The West Was Won.
Epic pioneer/western tale from tail end of Hollywood's golden age. Starring everyone and directed by a bevy of heavyweights, it did well at the Oscars.
Great storytelling.

Im still baffled by pioneer/cowboy cookware ( dutch ovens, coffee makers, griddles etc) which dissaper when travelling and appear over the campfire as if by magic.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Moonfall.

I won't make that mistake again.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
All The Old Knives.

Awful, pedestrian, annoying even. I felt nothing for any of the characters, there was no tension, no drama, no jeopardy, I couldn’t care less who the culprit was and just wanted it to end. I usually like Chris Pine too but this was a stinker.

Badger_Boom

Veteran
All The Old Knives.

Awful, pedestrian, annoying even. I felt nothing for any of the characters, there was no tension, no drama, no jeopardy, I couldn’t care less who the culprit was and just wanted it to end. I usually like Chris Pine too but this was a stinker.

I didn’t hate it but I was massively distracted by the bodge job they did of making Chris Pine look older for the ‘now’ bits.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Talking of Vampire movies the only one that springs to mind in recent years is the Swedish Let the Right One In.Not the sh1te American version !
Loved it when it came out.
The US version of LTROI is a worthy remake of a truly great film. It's the version for those who won't watch subtitled movies and still worth 8/10. Plus it's a Hammer film :okay:
I saw on the TV listings that Jaws: The Revenge is on tonight. That sounds like a real classic! :whistle:

"The island community of Amity is terrorised by shark attacks when a vengeful shark returns to avenge the death of her progeny."

:laugh:
is that the one with Michael Cane? If so it's almost in so bad its good territory. I'm not sure what's most unlikely; the vengeful shark or it's highly improbable demise... Can anyone really steer a yacht that sharply?

Adam4868

Guru
The US version of LTROI is a worthy remake of a truly great film. It's the version for those who won't watch subtitled movies and still worth 8/10. Plus it's a Hammer film
Maybe it is....I couldn't tell you and won't be able to any time soon.
It's a bit like going to watch The Clone Roses for me...some things can't be bettered,and deserve not to be.

The US version of LTROI is a worthy remake of a truly great film. It's the version for those who won't watch subtitled movies and still worth 8/10. Plus it's a Hammer film :okay:

is that the one with Michael Cane? If so it's almost in so bad its good territory. I'm not sure what's most unlikely; the vengeful shark or it's highly improbable demise... Can anyone really steer a yacht that sharply?

Jaws The Revenge is definitely in so bad it's good territory :becool:That the shark roars like a lion, can swim improbable distances in a short amount of time and will explode when pierced with a wooden object.^_^

My favorite thing though is something Sir Michael Caine said, not the oft quoted "its a terrible movie but the house it built is great" but another quote I can't find right now. He apparently really liked working opposite Lorraine Gary (Ellen Brody), I would have liked them to have made another film together.

gbb

Squire
Good Time.
Gritty, excellent acting all round. A bit grim, occasionally violent with quite a sad stark ending, One mans determination to look after his brother with mental difficulties starts with a doomed plan to rob a bank, it descends deeper and deeper, ultimately condemning his brother, the very person he was trying to protect, to a probable life in a mental institution (i think that was the message)

AndyRM

XOXO
Black Death - 7/10

Watched as I have COVID and figured watching a film about plague in its honour would be reasonable.

I like Christopher Smith as a director, even his weird and totally left field film about Santa. This has it all, if B movies are your thing. And he knows how to frame a shot without resulting to a Dutch tilt all the time. Very enjoyable, very silly, and (I'm not spoiling anything here because it always happens) Sean Bean makes it pretty much all the way through.

It also, for a film like this inspires some interesting theological discussion, which I like.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Spiderhead. Netflix. Dire and very boring. Chris Hemsworth too. Basically mad professor and drugs trials in a prison of sorts.

Sure Chris must have filmed this in tea breaks from Thor. Dreadful

Watched Theatre of Blood (again)

What a brilliant film. Vincent Price - absolute tour de force. Robert Morley being force-fed to death with cooked poodles. It doesn't get any

To the Devil a Daughter
With that other great icon of schlock horror, Christopher Lee. Plenty of talent in this good looking Hammer movie inc the fabulous Nastassja Kinski.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
The Gray Man (Netflix). Enjoyed it, it's nothing new and there were quite a few scenes ripped off from older Bond movies, but the non-stop action was very entertaining. Sort of like James Bond meets John Wick

Top Bottom