What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Thor: Love and Thunder - 8/10

I'm not really one for superhero films, but I do like the Thor series. This doesn't disappoint: funny, self awahre, a bit daft. And I thought, this style seems familiar, and so it should - Taika Waititi directed it.

Pure brain popcorn and a lot of fun.

I'm with you on the Thor series. We went to our local cinema to see this.

Although this really has to be the last. It spent more time taking the P out of itself than it did actually being itself. If you get my drift.

Adam4868

Guru
Went to the cinema last night to see the new film See How They Run.Bit like a Agatha Christie set in the 50s.Light hearted fun and easy to watch.

AndyRM

XOXO
I'm with you on the Thor series. We went to our local cinema to see this.

Although this really has to be the last. It spent more time taking the P out of itself than it did actually being itself. If you get my drift.

Yep, agreed. But as long as it keeps making bajillions, they'll keep putting them out I suspect.

AndyRM

XOXO
La Pasajera - 6/10

Low budget Spanish body horror. Nothing particularly original, not especially scary or suspenseful, but the creature effects are pleasingly disgusting which is as it should be in a B movie: we're here to see horrible things, not Oscar worthy acting performances.

AndyRM

XOXO
The Alternate - 7/10

Interesting take on alternative realities, and the moral questions which surround them. Had me thinking throughout, and though it reaches a somewhat obvious climax the questions it poses along the way are interesting and very much grey area territory.

Adam4868

Guru
Broken Flowers starring Bill Murray,I've not watched it for a good few years.But been listening to the soundtrack and gave it another viewing.Still a great movie with some cool Ethiopian Jazz.I do really like Bill Murray.

stephec

Squire
St Maud.

A modern British horror about a young nurse, who's a born again Christian with great zeal, who takes a job providing private pallative care for a famous ex dancer.

It's mainly focused on her religious obsession and is a bit of a slow burner, it was all going well for me then the last ten minutes sort of derailled it a bit.

6/10.

midlife

Guru
Broken Flowers starring Bill Murray,I've not watched it for a good few years.But been listening to the soundtrack and gave it another viewing.Still a great movie with some cool Ethiopian Jazz.I do really like Bill Murray.

If you like Bill Murray have you seen the Wes Anderson films with him in it such as "the life aquatic"?

Adam4868

Guru
If you like Bill Murray have you seen the Wes Anderson films with him in it such as "the life aquatic"?
Yea I'm obsessed with Anderson ! Sure I've posted about his films before,fell in love with his stuff from the beginning,and his soundtracks.Was watching The Life Aquatic with my daughter a few weeks ago which in turn got me listening to Bowie 😁

Adam4868

Guru
My Daughter is a Wes Anderson fan too , bought books about him for Xmas presents over the years.
Ill say it quickly and never say again....I was a bit dissapointed with his last film The French Dispatch.
Daughter wasn't as it had Timothee Chalamet in it !

AndyRM

XOXO
On Bill Murray, who I really like, there was an exhibition at The Baltic in Gateshead featuring work inspired by his films. It was absolutely terrible stuff, but he came along to the opening night and gave a little speech to open it. I was lucky enough to have a quick chat with him after, properly decent chap, and very funny.

I like Wes Anderson too. His version of Fantastic Mr. Fox is a thing of great beauty.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Beast - pretty much a budget film with a 'hissed off' CGI Lion.

Thor Love an Thunder saved for tomorow night - watched the previous three again last week, but on the projector (ebay special).

Top Bottom