The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
My back has stopped aching since a couple of weeks after I started doing yoga daily; it helps me a lot. I have two herniated discs in there so I have to look after it.

Ditto. It’s several years now since I had an MRI and they said the L4 and L5 were herniated and I had another agonising bout of sciatica since then which left things even worse with some permanent numbness down parts of my legs and feet. I was having a look at the yoga person you mentioned and she does seem good. My problem is my inherent laziness and keeping up with things.

Lovely 8 mile wander done earlier. Up the hill, down the other side, across the main road and along the side of the loch then home via the distillery. I hate the smell that comes out of it some mornings. Must depend what they are doing. Usually the door to the tun room is open and there is a weird yeasty smell comes out.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Cooooeeee. By gum chaps it's a tad chilly here at 4 deg. I've got a fire going.

I quite liked worked , but towards the end after we moved to Wales it was a case of dong it because I didn't have a choice and in the end I couldn't stop fast enough. Best thing I ever did.

Stay safe peeps :hello:

Sorry to tell you this Welshie but pottering around and bulk buying jeans don't qualify as work :rolleyes:

Dave7

Legendary Member
I am ok with activity, but hopeless with strength training, core stability or stretching. I do it a couple of times then it just falls away again. It’s silly as I know it would help if I could do a bit even a couple of times per week.
I understand that.
I did stretching/flex exercises (shown by my physio) every day for years and believe in it. With my gammy legs I stopped doing them but I really should try some simple sitting down stuff.

screenman

Legendary Member
Doesn't sound inherently lazy to me Mo

I thought that as well. I think out of all of us Mo has the most get up and go. Hold on there is a new name, Getupandgomo.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I see the Welsh government are going give the go ahead to release beavers Into Welsh rivers. They will give them protected status first though.

There are already wild beavers in Wales. Some eco warriors released them onto the dyfi River near Machynlleth. Can't see them lasting long elsewhere especially as the rivers have been so polluted with waste, and farmers will be more than a bit annoyed if they start causing flooding.

It might be good, then again it could be bad. We shall see.

The Law of unintended consequences will no doubt come into play ;)

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning all, work wise I have been in business for 49 years nearly, I do the stuff I like for people that I really like. Over the years I have tweaked and adjusted the business to suit me. The last time I did not enjoy working was for a period between 86 and 88 when I had two car sites, it was the stress of employing people that got to me. Once I got rid of that problem life got easier and nicer.
You buried them under the forecourts, and sold up?

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I don't know why I bother was awake all night
1727516620428.png

Top Bottom