The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Gammon egg and fries today. :hungry:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Serious question.
Apart from 'making a point', if you don't have a TV of any sort, why not just invite them in. They can then make their report and that should be it.
Am I missing something here??

Apart from having no right to enter then there really is nothing to check.

If they did enter they can only determine whether or not a TV is in-situ but, if there is, then so what? It's not illegal to own one.

And if there isn't, so what? You can just as easily watch TV on a PC, Laptop, Tablet, Phone these days. Owning these does not prove guilt either.

The law is broken only when you watch BBC TV or any live streaming from other output sources. Easily detected remotely.

Home visits are an intimidatory anachronism imo.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Apart from having no right to enter then there really is nothing to check.

If they did enter they can only determine whether or not a TV is in-situ but, if there is, then so what? It's not illegal to own one.

The law is broken only when you watch BBC TV or any live streaming from other output sources.

Right...... So why not just let them in??
Make them take their shoes off first of course.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Right...... So why not just let them in??
Make them take their shoes off first of course.

Sorry, was making a few amendments. So there is more to my post than quoted. Not strictly relevant to the above though.

But nonetheless:

My wife may not want strangers in the house if I am not home (and I wouldn't either).

And I don't want uninvited strangers in my home, even when I am home, full stop - with or without shoes on. :laugh:

It's our private property after all.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
They go forward in six months time, if that helps.

That's OK for my car. Its always right for 6 months of the year.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I do sometimes wonder when young ladies are walking around wearing t-shirts with writing on them
Obviously the wring is going to follow their contours
which makes some of teh words difficult to read

which does sort of encourage your eye to look at what it says - which means they are looking at their "chest"

but if they complained then you would be assumed to be to blame!

A likely story 😊

I was in the pub with two of my drinking pals, the barmaid brought our drinks over, “a blonde and two real ale” she said as she put them on the table. I pushed the glass toward my pal (Bill) and said “your is the blonde, I think, Al Fayed”. The bar maid almost wet herself. 😊

screenman

Legendary Member
Hassle nothing but hassle just had another letter from the TV licensing people they are going to pay me a visit, on the 28/08 I filled out a declatation saying I don't have a TV and I don't watch any live streaming, it really winds me up for the last 10 years I've been tell them NO TV.

And there could lay your problem to not sleeping, getting wound up over something like that is something I would not waste time on, I would just let it happen. I know it is easy to say but extremely hard for some people to do I was once the person who let everything get to them, I do not any more.

Top Bottom