The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Moving on this morning to a small site east of Wells.
Sunday lunch booked at the Brittania Inn for 13.30, so we need to be on site and set up by 13.00.
Should be hitting the road about 11.00.
Nice and sunny here this morning and forecast to hit 21° later.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,

What a grey day, a tad wet and windy today.
We're planning on heading into town in search of "an amazing Halloumi Burger" we're planning on walking but might wimp out and get the bus if it's too grim.
Have a lovely peaceful day folks ☔☔🚴‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚲🏃‍♂️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all,
A nice sunny start to the day if a little breezy.
A nice ride out this morning is the order of the day, and then packing my bag as MrsP and myself, and of course the dog are off early Monday morning for a couple of days in Whitstable and the surrounding area.
^_^

Dave7

Legendary Member
4 mile jog done. Jeez it's hard work these days. I'm having to work really hard just to get under 11 minute miles. The legs just don't work like they used to. I enjoy the buzz running gives me though so I will persevere! :laugh:
Enjoy it as long as possible Mo.
I was forced, to give up when the knee ligaments separated. I still look back on those runs with pleasure.

Tenkaykev

Guru
4 mile jog done. Jeez it's hard work these days. I'm having to work really hard just to get under 11 minute miles. The legs just don't work like they used to. I enjoy the buzz running gives me though so I will persevere! :laugh:

Set aside 30 minutes twice a week for speed work Mo. Ten minute warm up followed by six x one minute accelerations with 30 second warm down between efforts, followed by a ten minute warm down.
Allow about six weeks before you suddenly notice that your base speed has improved for the same effort. 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good day everyone. What an interesting bunch we are......such a diverse group.
Slightly fragile this morning as MrsD forced that last whisky down my neck.
I feel a lazy day coming ^_^.
Quite pleasant weather wise so a big decision later on...........
a) TdF or
b) a bit of nude sunbathing
What think you ??

Good day everyone. What an interesting bunch we are......such a diverse group.
Slightly fragile this morning as MrsD forced that last whisky down my neck.
I feel a lazy day coming ^_^.
Quite pleasant weather wise so a big decision later on...........
a) TdF or
b) a bit of nude sunbathing
What think you ??
Definitely nude sunbathing ^_^
(never an option here !)

PaulSB

Squire
Well the heating came on using the timer and reached the correct temperature, checked this by bringing the outdoor thermometer indoors last night. See brains? I've now reduced the temperature to 17C and changed the timings so as to just warm the house a little in the morning and evening..........................lets see how long I can get away with that!!!!!

A friend messaged around 8.00 suggesting a ride. Good job as I was getting ready to vegetate all day. Catch you all later as the wheels need to turn.

Chorley Paul says hello to Mrs Dave7 :hello:

How are the toms doing @Dave7

Top Bottom