The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Sad to see the passing of "Toots" from Toots and the Maytals. My 3 year old grandaughter absolutely adores dancing and singing along to "Monkey Man" She has a remarkably good vocabulary for her age and even tries to lower her voice for the chorus šŸ˜
"Grandad, play Monkey Man" "again Grandad"... "again"... until daughter steps in and says, "I think grandad needs a rest now"

PaulSB

Squire
Keyboard seems to be OK now.

I am nackered, been awake since 5.00am but can't go to bed yet as I'll wake at 1.00am and it will be worse tomorrow.

Damn cold here and the central heating is refusing to fire up. ā˜¹ļø Mrs P has taken the technical approach of putting the thermostat in the fridge while she has a hot bath. :eek:

My solution is a thick fleece and large whisky. šŸ˜„

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.

classic33

Leg End Member

classic33

Leg End Member
Wow. A British bank has become the first to charge people interest for keeping their money in the bank. It applies to those with Ā£50,000 or more. Just the start I think of the negative Interest rate problem.

This is Money: Starling becomes the first British bank to charge customers interest on savings.
https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money...ng-British-bank-charge-customers-savings.html
And they've just launched a "Kiddies Debit Card" as well.
https://www.atmmarketplace.com/news/starling-bank-launches-kids-debit-cards/

classic33

Leg End Member
Only overnight when I sleep on it.
Too big and you'll not get it in your caravan.

PaulSB

Squire
Well managed to stay half awake till 10.00 though I'll need to watch that episode of The Bridge again.

Fixed the central heating. You all need to appreciate this is a pretty big deal in our house. The thermostat and receiver unit weren't speaking to each other. Working this out was an achievement in itself. After several failed attempts eventually got these paired. I could hear the boiler firing up and then stopping. An error code appeared in the display window which I was too nackered to interpret or find in the instruction booklet. Turned on hot water to see if that worked. Yep. Temperature rose in boiler, according to display, and bingo heating came on.

Hopefully it will work on the timer in a couple of hours.

So what else can I natter about at 5:19? Well I woke at 4:36! :sad:

Last edited:
Top Bottom