The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I hate you Butler

Jealous MUCH? :laugh::laugh:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Salut tout le monde! Didn't have a good night sleep last night because our grandson stayed overnight with us and , unknown to me, he played a joke but having his alarm clock set off at 2 am. :cursing:
I must add he wasn't sleeping in our room so it didn't affect him. It took me a couple of hours to get back to sleep. When he got up this morning, he was straight into our room with a big smile on his face and asking if it worked .:eek:
Anyway, I got up at 8.30 and finally did my 34 miles to LLanrwst, most of it against the wind. I was absolutely knackered when I got back but still managed 13.5 mph average. I also got overtaken by three ladies who kept chatting away when I was panting on the slopes. To my defence, they were all much younger and must have had better gearing on their bikes. :whistle:
I enjoyed the ride though and watching the TdF now.

Little toad:laugh:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
The Eagle landed at 12.15.

Went to the Brittania Inn and had a most excellent Sunday lunch - £9.95 for the small portion with pudding of choice.
Their Butcombe Original was excellent as well. Thoroughly recommend this place if you're ever in Wells. :okay:

IMG_20200913_132230198.jpg

Got back to the van feeling fat as a chunkie pig and in need of a nap.
Blimey! It's hot out there! :sun:
Will have to raid LIDL for barbeque stuff tomorrow. :hungry:

D

Deleted member 1258

Will you be up all night on repeated short trips?

I hope not.

PaulSB

Squire
MrsD sends you her best.
Re the toms. They were sold as Cherry but are anything but. Lots of fruit of various sizes but still decidedly green.
Similar with the sweet peppers.
View attachment 546817

View attachment 546818
Hmmmm. The tomatoes look very good but clearly they aren't cherry tomatoes. Mistakes can be made on the nursey but my guess would be the grower was short of cherry tomato plants and so substituted with another type but labelled them as cherry. Very naughty but I know it happens. The vast majority of consumers won't complain and so the grower gets away with it.

They will ripen. Tomatoes begin to ripen when the green fruit is fully mature. Once matured the fruit produces ethylene which triggers the ripening process. It's a natural process and virtually impossible for an amateur to speed up. In your position you could move the plant indoors to the conservatory. Ethylene, it's harmless, will build up in the conservatory and less likely to get blown away by wind.

Your pepper appears to be a Jalapeno pepper. This is a sweet pepper but it's long and relatively thin. I'm sure you were expecting a sweet bell pepper - the sort sold in supermarkets. Again it's naughty but this is what the label says - a sweet pepper.

Your plants look very strong and healthy. Congratulations, pleased to see this.

PaulSB

Squire
Good morning. We are set for a glorious day so I will be riding. Had a great ride yesterday in lovely though windy weather.

I'll be out with a young whippersnapper (32) who has just returned from riding the NCN500. He says his legs are toast and wants a gentle spin. Hmmmm we will see......🤔

Once again awake since 04.50 despite not getting to bed till 00.30! Not very happy with this. I'm going to try snoozing now.

Top Bottom