The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Squire
My skin is very sensitive so I come up in big red spots from insect bites/stings etc.

View attachment 545919

It looks like 'Padiham Heights' would be more accurate.

I was trying to work out where I heard it referred to as Black Hill and finally remembered... It was when I did the ultra-hard Pendle Pedal over a decade ago. (I did the longer version AND cycled to event HQ in Colne and back from Hebden Bridge so I did 200 kms on the day, with about 3,500 m of steep climbing!)

[LINK]

Haddings Lane...? (Looks it up.) Ah, that nasty climb From Lower Sabden Fold to Newchurch-in-Pendle. We did that one as well. IIRC, the route took in Waddington Fell, Cross of Greet, Quernmore, Trough of Bowland, Wild Board Park route to Chipping, Longridge Fell, Nick o'Pendle, Black Hill/Padiham Heights, Haddings Ln and quite a few other climbs - a tough day out on the bike!
OK, I see where you mean though I need to see it on my laptop to get a better view.

The only other time I've heard Black Hill was on the same ride! We met during the ride that day. It was tough.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,

Sunny and calm outside, I can see a couple of early swimmers out in the water.
Coffee first, then a run and then who knows what the day will bring?
Have a lovely peaceful day folks 🌞🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🚴‍♀️🚶‍♀️🏃‍♂️🏊‍♂️

PaulSB

Squire
Good morning mature persons. It appears to be grey and dull outside, difficult to tell through the curtains as Mrs P is sleeping and I have to sit very quietly in a chair!!! 😀

Good walk yesterday through wind, rain, sunshine and showers. Lunch was on top of the rather exposed Latrigg Fell. In places long stretches of the riverside footpath had been washed away in the 2015 floods forcing us up a much more precarious route, trees down in other places. A great fun day out.

Shared four different curries last night at an excellent Indian. Our first night out since February.

IMG-20200907-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20200907-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20200907-WA0000.jpg

numbnuts

Legendary Member
:hello:
Late afternoon my covid test came through the post and it's all ready to do in the morning
I feel a bit of a fake as today my temperature went back to normal late evening and now I feel fine, I'll still do the test as a just in case, but I'm all most sure it will came back negative, fingers croosed on that one.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning mature persons. It appears to be grey and dull outside, difficult to tell through the curtains as Mrs P is sleeping and I have to sit very quietly in a chair!!! 😀

Good walk yesterday through wind, rain, sunshine and showers. Lunch was on top of the rather exposed Latrigg Fell. In places long stretches of the riverside footpath had been washed away in the 2015 floods forcing us up a much more precarious route, trees down in other places. A great fun day out.

Shared four different curries last night at an excellent Indian. Our first night out since February.

View attachment 546032

View attachment 546033

View attachment 546034
Nice photos.
I also had curry last night even though it was from Asda. BUT.......I scoffed the lot. That's 2 days on the run I have eaten a full meal.

Top Bottom