The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Today I accompanied Mrs Tenkay on a shopping trip to Marks and Sparks. A couple of photos from last years walking of St Cuthberts Way made her aware that she'd put on a bit of weight so a new regime commenced. Not a diet as such, more a healthy eating routine and after almost a year she is now pleased to be a size 8.

We walked to a huge retail park nearby, "Fort Kinnaird", and that's where my traumatic afternoon commenced. I thought I'd entered an alternative reality and stumbled into an episode of "Father Ted", the one where the Priests get lost in the ladies underwear department. There appeared to be acres and acres of foundation garments in various exotic shapes and patterns, accompanied by equally exotic names. I saw "High Leg" "Brazilian" and "Thong" and several others before escaping to the safety of the Food Hall.
After kicking my heels for 20 minutes with still no sign of Mrs Tenkay I ventured back. Curiosity got the better of me and as the coast seemed clear I wandered through the frilly fripperies hoping to catch sight of Welshies Bloomers. All to no avail. It was only later, after escaping to the pub and ordering a pint to help alleviate my post traumatic stress that I realised I was in the wrong neck of the woods for such exotic garments.
Hopefully that's the last of trekking around the shops for a while, though I've pencilled in a visit to the Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op as a reward for my stoicism 🚲🚲

You can't find my drawers in the likes of Marks and Sparks. They are 1 of a kind couture creations and are very sought after. Only in high end establishments can they be found. Many people would club each other to death to be able to buy a pair of my bloomers.

pawl

Legendary Member
You can't find my drawers in the likes of Marks and Sparks. They are 1 of a kind couture creations and are very sought after. Only in high end establishments can they be found. Many people would club each other to death to be able to buy a pair of my bloomers.

watch it .You will get a drago reputation :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Dave7

Legendary Member
The bloomers you left here in January......the ones you left behind when we heard MrsD arrive home. I put them on ebay. Was only offered £300.00 so decided to hang on to them.

classic33

Leg End Member
He'd need a bloody big wall.
Presumably a big frame as well. Possibly free standing.

Top Bottom