The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
We certainly know how to have some in depth world changing discussions on this thread.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Not quite. I do remember that horrible Izal stuff though.
.......and the hard, red carbolic soap

I had to use a lovely big green leaf on my early morning run! Didn't feel the need before I went out, but after a coffee and a couple of miles of jiggling up and down.......well you know how it is! :laugh:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Not quite. I do remember that horrible Izal stuff though.
When my late Father in Law was a Japanese PoW, they were given 7 sheets of Izal type bog paper each, to last a week. ie. 1 a day.
Considering that most of the guys had dysentery, and other horrible stuff, the paper was viewed as yet another insult to their humanity.
Nobody used it for its intended purpose; but used it as note paper or cigarette paper. Some saved it up and bartered it, with one or two of the friendlier Japanese guards, for other more useful stuff.

pawl

Legendary Member
Good morning mature persons. It appears to be grey and dull outside, difficult to tell through the curtains as Mrs P is sleeping and I have to sit very quietly in a chair!!! 😀

Good walk yesterday through wind, rain, sunshine and showers. Lunch was on top of the rather exposed Latrigg Fell. In places long stretches of the riverside footpath had been washed away in the 2015 floods forcing us up a much more precarious route, trees down in other places. A great fun day out.

Shared four different curries last night at an excellent Indian. Our first night out since February.

View attachment 546032

View attachment 546033

View attachment 546034

We had a time share at Keswick BridgeThe last time we visited prior to giving the time share op was in 2017

A regular walk was along the railway track from Keswick to Threkeld.to the Farriers pub.for lunch.Didnt happen that year all the bridge had either been washed away or were in a dangerous condition Don’t know what it is like now.

Tenkaykev

Guru
He's probably counted them himself.
He's probably counted them himself.

If you weigh the toilet rolls instead of counting the number of sheets per roll ( the size of each individual sheet may vary between brands ) you'll get a true reflection of value in pence per gramme.
Then you can simply keep a pair of scissors handy to cut to the exact length required instead of wasting money 😉

Top Bottom