The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I wandered round to the supermarket. Nearly out of loo roll! :laugh: Back to Cushelle. Seems better than Andrex now and lasts longer. Got a little Soreen loaf and having a chunk with a cuppa just now. Might have a wander before lunch.
When you say it lasts longer......just how many times can you use each piece :wacko:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Still trying to contact my insurance. My call is held in a queue and I will be contacted by the next available agent. :cursing::cursing:
I did fill in a claim form on the internet though. Why is it so hard to speak to a human being ?

Do you have an excess on your policy. If you do then that Will reduce the Amount they will pay you and if the shower door costs less than the excess, you won't get anything as I'm sure you know.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I am aware of this but I want confirmation from them so I know what to do next. :okay:
In my experience... if you even ask them about a possible claim, even if you don't actually make the claim, if will bump next years price up as you are considered a risk.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Have to be honest.........on the few holidays we have had up your way.....we have planned them around midge season. Myself, I am not badly affected like some but I still hate them.
My skin is very sensitive so I come up in big red spots from insect bites/stings etc.

This is only the second time I've heard mention of the name Black Hill. Leaving Sabden one can go over The Nick or in the opposite direction towards Padiham. Just outside of Sabden, in the Padiham direction, there's a left turn, Back Lane?, which leads to another left, Haddings Lane. Is this Black Hill?

Only ask because in decades of riding the area with maybe 200 different people I've only heard two refer to Black Hill. Both come from outside the area.

It looks like 'Padiham Heights' would be more accurate.

I was trying to work out where I heard it referred to as Black Hill and finally remembered... It was when I did the ultra-hard Pendle Pedal over a decade ago. (I did the longer version AND cycled to event HQ in Colne and back from Hebden Bridge so I did 200 kms on the day, with about 3,500 m of steep climbing!)

Pendle Pedal preview said:
There followed a screaming bumpy descent into the village of Sabden, where we thought the climbing was all but over, save for some gentle undulations back to Colne. We couldn't have been more wrong as the climb out of Sabden to Black Hill reduced the Pendle Pedal, once again, to the Pendle Walk. Once at the top, the road bobbed and weaved between hedgerows following the contours of the hillside, with Blackburn, Burnley and Colne distant in the valley below, finally tracing it's way back to the event HQ.
[LINK]

Haddings Lane...? (Looks it up.) Ah, that nasty climb From Lower Sabden Fold to Newchurch-in-Pendle. We did that one as well. IIRC, the route took in Waddington Fell, Cross of Greet, Quernmore, Trough of Bowland, Wild Board Park route to Chipping, Longridge Fell, Nick o'Pendle, Black Hill/Padiham Heights, Haddings Ln and quite a few other climbs - a tough day out on the bike!

Dave7

Legendary Member
So, what is insurance for if you just pay up every year? I haven't had a claim in over 20 years so feel quite justified in finding out if it is worth it.
There is a difference between what is right & fair and what those b*stards can screw you for.
A few years ago someone banged into MrsDs car in the hospital.
She got the reg and we contacted police and insurance.
•Police would take no action as is was private land.
•driver simply denied it.
•we told insurance company we were not pursuing it and they said tough sh*t..... you have reported it so your next years fee is jumping up.

Tenkaykev

Guru
The BBC get there meteorological information from a company called MeteoGroup, They changed from the Met. office a year back.
Maybe they should change back.

Yes, I use the Met Office weather app and don't bother with the BBC data.
I also use a Weather app called "YR" it really is very good. Provided by the Norwegian Met Office it seems to be the most accurate the most often

Top Bottom