The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GM

Legendary Member
Afternoon all... Production has come to a halt while I have my lunch, give it an hour and I'll be back at it!....

@numbnuts good luck with the test. The important thing is to get your timing right for sending the test back, hope it goes well. :okay:

@Mo1959 wow Chapeau !

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Sunday lunch done.
Back home for a nap now. :okay:

Not bad for £5.50 a head.

12boy

Guru
Yesterday was interesting. Cleaned out my trailer in prep for storing stuff when clearing out the garage before Tuesday's blizzard....35C yesterday, -8 C Tues night. I'd hoped we would have no fires this year but there was one yesterday afternoon at the base of our mountain 5 miles from the front door. Luckily they got it contained before the mountain went up.10% humidity and 20 mph winds are a great recipe for serious fires. I still need to protect the tomatoes and squash and cukes in the garden but hopefully that will work. I have some 8x4 coldframes in the driveway and also put the majority of the potted plants in there. A light bulb in each cold frame should prevent too much damage.
The upcoming storm will hopefully provide some moisture and cleanse the smoke from the air. Then we'll have the halcyon days of Indian Summer. I am hoping to get down to my recently widowed sister in New Mexico for a week or so fairly soon as October there is amazing but I will have to work that in with a first grandchild very soon, the necessary yard work for winter and Mrs 12's health issues. As us recycled hippies used to say...Keep on trucking.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I've got turkey legs and baked spuds in the oven, mixed veg on the stove.

It must be difficult for you to walk or cycle if you have turkey legs.

Top Bottom