The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning all.
Really gray here with rain coming in shortly.
@PaulSB ......my best wishes to MrsP.
We are trying to get our lives back on track. I had breakfast and a meal on Friday. Yesterday I had a toasty for breckie and half a pizza for tea. Similar for MrsD but smaller quantities. May not sound much but big step forward for us.
Today we plan (shop bought) cottage pie plus broccoli.
We plan to get togged up and go for a walk in the rain this morning..... maybe just a mile or so but its much needed exercise.
Golf and TdF on TV so a nice chill afternoon is planned ^_^

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Bit of packing to do, to get ready for our 3 week getaway on Monday.
Doggie walking on the beach this morning and then off to the Crown for Sunday lunch.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all,
Nice ans sunny outside today. Out with the dog soon and then a day tidying the garden. The grass needs cutting again once it has dried out from the overnight dew.
MrsP has a couple of ex work friends coming to lunch, so I have been tasked with making the garden presentable for them. It is always presentable.
It gives me time to go out on the bike for a bit while they are here.
:bicycle:

PaulSB

Squire
Well hello again. I napped until 9.15 and feel very good for it.

"Happy Birthday"
"Oooh. A present"
Rustling of paper.
"Not basil and orange then"

I give up!! Can we have a "What's the Point of Husbands" thread............I could have pointed to the note in my diary, April 26th, about earl grey and cucumber!!!!! 😲 but refrained, satisfying myself with a gentle "It's what you said IN APRIL!!!" 😂😂😂 No really all is good, scent is a success but the basil remark happened!!!!!

The sun is now shining. Damson chutney is next on the agenda followed by lots of small stuff which needs attention.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Well hello again. I napped until 9.15 and feel very good for it.

"Happy Birthday"
"Oooh. A present"
Rustling of paper.
"Not basil and orange then"

I give up!! Can we have a "What's the Point of Husbands" thread............I could have pointed to the note in my diary, April 26th, about earl grey and cucumber!!!!! 😲 but refrained, satisfying myself with a gentle "It's what you said IN APRIL!!!" 😂😂😂 No really all is good, scent is a success but the basil remark happened!!!!!

The sun is now shining. Damson chutney is next on the agenda followed by lots of small stuff which needs attention.

A pot of Earl Grey tea and a plate of Cucumber sandwiches should rescue the situation Paul 🥒🍵😁

Tenkaykev

Guru
Just back from my run with Mrs Tenkay, although the run went well I'm a bit disappointed with the track, doesn't look at all suggestive.

Screenshot_20200906_101945.jpg

screenman

Legendary Member
Just waiting for somebody to turn up fo me to have a look and repair a dent, apparently it is very urgent hence me doing something on a Sunday, they are now 15 minutes late.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Had a great ride yesterday. One of those rides when everything clicked for the three of us. All cooking with gas. We took in The Nab as it's known locally - real name Whalley Nab, 175 in top UK climbs, a brute - at one point three of us pushing up a 30% gradient three abreast, no one giving an inch, over 0.7 mile averaging 10.4% :eek: I got 07.30, the other two 07:26.
When I rode up it, that one was harder than I expected. Nearby Birdy Brow was easier. I always find Black Hill from Sabden tough too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom