The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
I've just been having a look at the pots/seedings for the Conference League proper. Copenhagen are in Pot 1 along with Chelsea, Lask, Fiorentina, Gent and Real Betis.

There are some wild teams in that competition overall. I think it might become my favourite European competition.

Chislenko

Veteran
I've just been having a look at the pots/seedings for the Conference League proper. Copenhagen are in Pot 1 along with Chelsea, Lask, Fiorentina, Gent and Real Betis.

There are some wild teams in that competition overall. I think it might become my favourite European competition.

I think if TNS draw Chelsea they may have to move the game from Park Hall with it's capacity of 3,000. I think Larne's capacity is similar.

Wrexham would be the obvious choice for TNS but I believe they have previously been approached and declined.

AndyRM

XOXO
I think if TNS draw Chelsea they may have to move the game from Park Hall with it's capacity of 3,000. I think Larne's capacity is similar.

Wrexham would be the obvious choice for TNS but I believe they have previously been approached and declined.

Nah, give Chelsea the away end and that's it. Just because they're a bigger club doesn't mean allowances should be made.

Which I appreciate is a ridiculous and overly romantic view of football, but I think it's how it should be.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Nah, Killie cut the allowance for Celtic & The The Rangers last season and ended up cash neutral because more Killie fans came with their families.

AndyRM

XOXO
Nah, Killie cut the allowance for Celtic & The The Rangers last season and ended up cash neutral because more Killie fans came with their families.

We've been doing it for a few seasons.

There is some chat that we might be going back to giving them more than one stand again, which isn't going down well. Fortunately our current fan representative on the board recognises that going back to those dark days would be a seriously stupid idea.

Slick

Guru
Looks like GMP will have a slight problem with the many, many ticket-less thousands making the journey down to Manchester and with the many many ticket-less thousands based here in England @Slick!!:okay:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/ceq5vw895v1o Surely this draw is far better than playing in the Champions League against almost impossible to beat opposition? 🤔

Yeah, hopefully these pesky Chelsea fans behave themselves this time. :tongue:

You want to be in amongst it at this stage, but unfortunately we are in real danger of getting battered everywhere we go. :okay:

We are in a right mess this season. :sad:

PaulSB

Squire

It's a very silly competition which will create a lot of meaningless matches. I've read it's probable that after 3 - 5 games most clubs will have a decent idea of their final standing. Are fans going to turn out to watch sides compete to finish 6/7th or 21st/22nd. Another example of pointless European football.

The European Cup was a competition, since then it's largely been nonsense.

PaulSB

Squire
So back to real football and the east Lancashire derby. Some argue it's THE derby. AKA The Lancashire Classico! 🤣 Rovers are at Turf Moor today for a game which is more about local bragging rights than anything. With Burnley 5th and Rovers 3rd there's added meaning to the game today.

I'll watch on the telly as I gave up going to Turf Moor years back. It used to be Rovers would only be able to buy a ticket if we agreed to use the club travel. Much as I objected to this I did it. Then one year I went with my lads only to find the Cricket Field concourse so tightly packed it was dangerous.

I took the boys up to the stand, where we sat freezing for an hour waiting for kick off. Never again. I've been in the Burnley directors box 2-3 times since.

The match? Most Burnley fans are far from happy and I hear there's unrest on the terraces and in the dressing room. We are feeling pretty bouyant after a good start to the season (forget Blackpool!) and a decent transfer window - the first in years.

There's no form guide for this match, there rarely is. The outcome will be decided by which team turns up on the day and who "wants it."

Last edited:
Top Bottom