The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Falkirk scored what was loudly trumpeted to be a coup when we landed the Chelsea Under 23 captain on a season long loan a few years ago. Ye gods, he was dugmeat. Reportedly on a five figure sum per week, he was utterly awful. Ended up sacking the manager who signed him and terminating his loan by October (?) I think. Ruben Sammut - now no longer a footballer at 26

Wasn't there a player in their development squad who was on a £million a year but left without ever playing a game?

PaulSB

Squire
Rovers won a very entertaining and hard fought game 2 - 1 yesterday. Oxford proved to be a much better side than I'd expected and had several periods when they dominated play. Oxford took a 44th minute lead with a stunning 40 yard volley. Going in 1 - 0 to a wonder strike wasn't in the plan!! Importantly we equalised with seconds to go before HT. The second half was evenly matched with Rovers taking the lead after 83 minutes. We then had to endure 12/13 minutes of intense Oxford pressure. There was relief at full time.

Next up Blackpool in the Carabao Cup on Tuesday. Then the east Lancs Derby at Turf Moor. Rovers 3rd and Burnley 5th will make this even more intense than usual. I've stopped going with the away support. It's not a good experience. There's an outside chance my cousin, a Burnley fan, will have a spare ticket. If so I'll go with him and keep very quiet!!!!

Chislenko

Veteran
Rovers won a very entertaining and hard fought game 2 - 1 yesterday. Oxford proved to be a much better side than I'd expected and had several periods when they dominated play. Oxford took a 44th minute lead with a stunning 40 yard volley. Going in 1 - 0 to a wonder strike wasn't in the plan!! Importantly we equalised with seconds to go before HT. The second half was evenly matched with Rovers taking the lead after 83 minutes. We then had to endure 12/13 minutes of intense Oxford pressure. There was relief at full time.

Next up Blackpool in the Carabao Cup on Tuesday. Then the east Lancs Derby at Turf Moor. Rovers 3rd and Burnley 5th will make this even more intense than usual. I've stopped going with the away support. It's not a good experience. There's an outside chance my cousin, a Burnley fan, will have a spare ticket. If so I'll go with him and keep very quiet!!!!

Some strike from Mark Harris, can see Bellamy giving him a recall to the Welsh team come next week in time for the Nations League.

In other "lopsided" football news TNS have made nearly a million pounds from failing in two European Competitions and almost certainly qualifying for the group stages of the third one.

Does seem a bit silly if you get knocked out of the Champions League you get another chance in the next competition down and so on!

The rest of the league are already monetarily miles behind TNS so this in my mind will just expand the gap and TNS will walk the league again. All rather boring and predictable.

PaulSB

Squire
I see you have taken Owen Beck on a season long loan. Let's hope you can get him back on track, looked a player a couple of years back but seems to have stalled a bit.

Great-nephew of Ian Rush.

We've done quite well with Liverpool loanees in recent years. Hopefully Beck works out.

Last night? First half OK. Second half dreadful. On 60 minutes Eustace brought on five subs. Five! It didn't work. We got what we deserved.

postman

Squire
We've done quite well with Liverpool loanees in recent years. Hopefully Beck works out.

Last night? First half OK. Second half dreadful. On 60 minutes Eustace brought on five subs. Five! It didn't work. We got what we deserved.
What are you doing up at quarter past three in the morning.

AndyRM

XOXO
Big night for Killie as we attempt to overcome a two goal deficit against Copenhagen from last week and reach the Europa Conference League group stage.

If we manage to get through it would be our biggest achievement in modern times, surpassing even our League Cup triumph of 2012.

Nerves are starting to kick in and I'm not even able to get to the game unfortunately.

IMG_7802.jpeg.a66b10a1c01ca3c7fb0baca2b4b632fd.jpeg

Slick

Guru
Big night for Killie as we attempt to overcome a two goal deficit against Copenhagen from last week and reach the Europa Conference League group stage.

If we manage to get through it would be our biggest achievement in modern times, surpassing even our League Cup triumph of 2012.

Nerves are starting to kick in and I'm not even able to get to the game unfortunately.

View attachment 743152

Shame, it just wasn't to be.

AndyRM

XOXO
Shame, it just wasn't to be.

Nope, but we have them a good game I thought. Would have been a very different proposition if they'd only had the one goal advantage - they looked shaken after we scored tonight and we just didn't have the quality to press the advantage on the night.

Still, a fun adventure while it lasted and certainly more successful than our poor showing last time out in Europe!

Slick

Guru
Nope, but we have them a good game I thought. Would have been a very different proposition if they'd only had the one goal advantage - they looked shaken after we scored tonight and we just didn't have the quality to press the advantage on the night.

Still, a fun adventure while it lasted and certainly more successful than our poor showing last time out in Europe!

Absolutely. I watched the highlights last night and I don't think anyone managed to overturn a 2 goal deficit.

Jam tarts are struggling as well.

Chislenko

Veteran
TNS, Wales into group stage of Conference League as are Larne of Northern Ireland.

The match report on the Larne game reports they will earn £2.6 million just for getting there with win and draw bonuses also available!

Top Bottom