The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
A great start for first time league newcomers Bromley. 2 games, 2 wins.

That Loftus Cheek has fallen a long way 😁

Slick

Guru
How are Hearts the third best team in the country?

Fair comment, as based on last year's standing they are 4th best.

Screenshot_20240817-201829_Chrome.jpg

Slick

Guru
Easy done!

Hearts are only any good because of Shankland IMO.
Over rated in my opinion but happy to be proven wrong.

PaulSB

Squire
I've read a Guardian article about Raheem Sterling not being required at Chelsea and the manager telling the player he's not a part of his plans. The article states Sterling's wage is £17m per annum with three years left on his contract. The article goes on to say 15+ senior players are not training with the senior squad. Apparently there are 42 first team players but the manager is only interested in 21 of them.

This isn't a poke at Chelsea. It left me thinking how did we get here? Sterling could do nothing for three years and earn £51m and it doesn't seem to be his fault. How has the PL allowed a situation to arise in which a club can have an entire squad who are surplus to requirements? How on earth can Chelsea, or other clubs, comply with FFP when they have players earning up to £17m who potentially sit around doing nothing?

I've long thought the PL is absolutely barking mad. A crazy out of control business run by people who probably shouldn't be trusted with a corner shop. It's crackers, absolutely crackers and the article really brought home to me how desperately wrong the whole PL model has become.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...s-chelsea-clearout?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Last edited:
Top Bottom