The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Awesome, I heard the result this morning :okay:

Banik were Boro's first UEFA cup opponents in 2004. They had a loud and lively support.
Your Scandi odyssey continues... the beer would have been cheaper in Czechia.

You're not wrong. It was bad enough in Norway, about a tenner a pint.

Last time I was in Copenhagen it was nearly double that, although that was mostly bang in the city centre.

It's just great to still be involved. Absolutely the level a club like Killie are at in Europe. The "big" sides being there is vaguely ridiculous I think.

PaulSB

Squire
When did footballers and managers start talking about "minutes" and getting "minutes" in to the lads. It's driving me round the twist or is it peculiar to my bunch in east Lancashire? In which case I blame John Eustace. :laugh:

I do know what is meant but getting minutes in to the lads?????? Come on. There's football speak and then there's absolute b******s

potsy

Rambler
The position with Ipswich is they have made a number of bids that have not met Rovers valuation. I have no idea what that valuation is. Most of these stories/rumours can be traced to a Sun journalist, Alan Nixon, who has been hanging around Ewood for as long as I can recall. I always question the validity of his reports.

I think one needs to look at the picture beyond 2023/24. He will 29 in September. He's under contract till June 2026. We have him for two more seasons unless the price is matched.

Colchester 6 seasons played 142 games, 35 goals
Bristol City one season, 3 games, no goals
Peterborough 3 years, 89 games, 25 goals
Rovers 2022/23 34 games, 5 goals, 2023/24 44 games, 27 goals

Great guy. Good attitude. We love him. I can see why Ipswich are in for him. We have no cash and they want a striker. The player would probably jump at a chance in the PL. Is he a PL striker? No one else is showing any interest. The bulk of his goals come from a particular style and I don't think that's enough for a real PL striker. Rovers are basically saying we want to keep him but if you're prepared to pay the price he can go. I think he'd be better off at Rovers but I wouldn't begrudge him his chance if Ipswich come up with the money. He's definitely a very good Championship striker but I have my doubts about his PL potential.

I think established PL clubs are very wary of one-season wonders. Look at Brereton Diaz, one great half season, goals dried up after Christmas. Went to Villa Real in summer 2023 on a four year deal and found himself loaned back to Sheffield United six months later. The grass isn't always greener.

9M bid accepted today according to the internet?

PaulSB

Squire
9M bid accepted today according to the internet?

Yep, just seen the club announcement on Facebook. No sum mentioned but the talk locally i recent weeks has been £10m. I'm disappointed but I wish him well. He deserves his chance and at 29 this will be the only chance. Sammie kept us up, almost single-handed, last season with the two goals for a last day of the season win at Leicester an absolute Godsend. He'll be remembered by all Rovers alongside our many legends like Simon Garner, David Speedie, Alan Shearer, Tugay, Colin Hendry and many others. He is right up there with the best.

Cheers Sammie :cheers:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Probably a decent deal all round. SS gets a chance in prem, Ipswich get a decent player without having to fork out too much, who they know will do a job in championship if they don't stay up. Blackburn get £10m vs risk he didn't hit last seasons heights, and have a couple of weeks t find a decent cheaper replacement.

I also see Boro have finally got Tommy Conway over the line, that's been running about as long as the SS saga. Blackburn could worse than hijack Millwall attempts to get Josh Coburn on loan, he's likely to go on loan somewhere now Conway is in, unless there is whopping offer for Latte Lath and he's actually the one to go.

PaulSB

Squire
@T4tomo I've only read a couple of reports but it sounds like Coburn would prefer to stay at Boro. I guess much will depend on how honest Carrick is with the player about his selection chances.

Rovers are at Norwich today. Not a clue on this one. I'll be happy with a draw. I was looking for extra seats for our next home game. The better areas of the ground seem to be filling up quite well.

I was really surprised to see the Coventry attendance last night. 28,000. I didn't know but imagined their gates would be nearer 16-18000.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
@T4tomo I've only read a couple of reports but it sounds like Coburn would prefer to stay at Boro. I guess much will depend on how honest Carrick is with the player about his selection chances.

We only play one up top 4231 and Coburn as big unit can only play up top. We have loads of options for the 3 behind, and signing Conway means we now have 3 CFs. It's odd as Coburn's record is as good as Conway's, albeit Conway was in a struggling team. Carrick must see something in Conway, he doesn't in Coburn. That said Coburn was excellent against Leeds, and even playing with a niggling injury last season we did well when he had to step in, creating chances for others. But he prob needs to go on loan to get enough football. The fans wouldn't want to see him sold as he's a local lad and Coburn wouldn't want to leave permanently.

PaulSB

Squire
At 3.00pm I would have taken the draw. At 3.20, come on lads that's three points. At 4.40 I'm taking the draw! 🤣🤣

This lad Ohashi has started well. Three in three. As someone put it, with two headers in two weeks that's more than Gallagher managed in five years!!! 🤣

potsy

Rambler
At 3.00pm I would have taken the draw. At 3.20, come on lads that's three points. At 4.40 I'm taking the draw! 🤣🤣

This lad Ohashi has started well. Three in three. As someone put it, with two headers in two weeks that's more than Gallagher managed in five years!!! 🤣

We put our proper team out today and went to Blackpool, came home with a 3-0 win.
Had to name 2 sub goalkeepers just to fill the bench 😀

Top Bottom