The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Three goals in our last two home games isn't bad for us! Problem we've got is our defence doesn't look like it's played together before and we still have an unfortunate knack of totally bypassing our midfield.

What's most annoying is McCrorie booting the ball long and to the right every. Single. Time. He's obviously been told to do it and I cannot fathom why.

<cough>
McInnes's teams are a hard watch. Big lump up top, two wingers and thump the ball into the box. No control in midfield, no passing. The amount of head tennis in the middle of the park last night was crazy. Get the ball down and play it!

To be fair I never saw the game the other night but the match stats said both sides only had 2 shots all game - but scored with them.

postman

Squire
Us Leeds fans start again with a new hope in our hearts.It seems the new kit home and away is very popular.
RI3ZSto2X6wgsWt.jpg
This was the best

AndyRM

XOXO
<cough>

To be fair I never saw the game the other night but the match stats said both sides only had 2 shots all game - but scored with them.

Yeah, I accept that. But most Scottish teams play that way to be fair. It's very annoying because when we do actually play on the deck we're actually quite good at it!

It was a weird game. Their keeper was so high up the park all the time that they basically had 11 outfield players. Not really sure why as he never looked that confident on the ball but we never pressed him.

I suspect our European adventure may be coming to an end next week. I certainly can't see us getting past Copenhagen if we do get through, although they've only got a one goal advantage heading to Banik so who knows?

Chislenko

Veteran
Three goals in our last two home games isn't bad for us! Problem we've got is our defence doesn't look like it's played together before and we still have an unfortunate knack of totally bypassing our midfield.

What's most annoying is McCrorie booting the ball long and to the right every. Single. Time. He's obviously been told to do it and I cannot fathom why.

If that guy progresses, in the future we may see Wales score for Scotland 😊

PaulSB

Squire
So Rovers 4 Derby 2.
It was a good performance from Rovers. Overall, the defence looked solid despite conceding twice. Our goals were well worked, and it was very positive to see two new signings make their mark straight away. Travis had a fantastic game. Possibly the biggest plus of the night was the subs. Derby were well on top for the first 20 minutes of the second half to the extent I thought we were going to lose. To be able to bring on three match- winning substitutes is a luxury we haven't enjoyed for a long time.

Derby looked a League One side, so we shouldn't get carried away. A good, solid performance that makes us hard to beat. It was good, but not exciting, to watch..........if that makes sense.

Last edited:

PaulSB

Squire
My lad has just pointed out this was Rovers first home win under Eustace. Yes, he was appointed on February 9th and we beat Stoke 3:1 on February 10th but he can hardly take credit for that one.

Slick

Guru
@Slick, Mols, Dessers and now Cerny? Rangers in danger of becoming FC Utrecht Old Boys. :smile:

Mols was pure class, operating in a top team and competing against some world class opponents. The kindest thing I can say about Dessers is, despite being here since last season the jury is still out on him, as I'm amazed he's still here but others seem to think he's a good player in a rotten team. Cerny scored yesterday, but another poor performance apparently as thankfully I didn't see it. I'm nit blaming the Utrecht old boys, but our recruitment has been dreadful for a number of years now.

AndyRM

XOXO
As I live with a Man Utd fan I watched the glorified kickabout that is the Charity Shield. Not a bad game, which I thought Man Utd were unlucky to lose.

What really stuck out though, was the absolute horror show of the Man City names and numbers, which uses Noel Gallagher's handwriting. I'd say stick to the day job, but he's not much better at that.

701230876BT001_pp_01_mcfc.png

postman

Squire
I noticed it has changed it's name to Community Shield,mind you it was still a garbage game Like ballroom dancing back back across back turn,all in your own penalty area,thanks all new foreign managers who think possession football is great,it is utter crap.Move it about a bit forward is a great idea.

PaulSB

Squire
I noticed it has changed it's name to Community Shield,mind you it was still a garbage game Like ballroom dancing back back across back turn,all in your own penalty area,thanks all new foreign managers who think possession football is great,it is utter crap.Move it about a bit forward is a great idea.

What did you expect? City and Utd are PL clubs. PL football is generally terrible to watch.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
As I live with a Man Utd fan I watched the glorified kickabout that is the Charity Shield. Not a bad game, which I thought Man Utd were unlucky to lose.

What really stuck out though, was the absolute horror show of the Man City names and numbers, which uses Noel Gallagher's handwriting. I'd say stick to the day job, but he's not much better at that.

View attachment 740703

I quite like, i'd be more upset with the price than the typeface if i were a potential MCFC shirt buyer. They have to have different shirts for prem league though.

PaulSB

Squire
A new ground for me tonight. I'm going to Edgeley Park to watch Stockport County v Rovers. It's the first round of the Carabao Cup. My good friend and neighbour is a County season ticket holder. We're going together and sitting in the Cheadle End.

As County play in blue I'm expecting my lot to turn out in the new third kit. I rather good shade of pink which was much in evidence amongst the crowd on Saturday.

I'm hoping for a good Rovers performance and a game my friend and I can both enjoy. One of us will have a better night than the other. I'm practicing being magnanimous.

potsy

Rambler
A new ground for me tonight. I'm going to Edgeley Park to watch Stockport County v Rovers. It's the first round of the Carabao Cup. My good friend and neighbour is a County season ticket holder. We're going together and sitting in the Cheadle End.

As County play in blue I'm expecting my lot to turn out in the new third kit. I rather good shade of pink which was much in evidence amongst the crowd on Saturday.

I'm hoping for a good Rovers performance and a game my friend and I can both enjoy. One of us will have a better night than the other. I'm practicing being magnanimous.

Unfortunately for us we have around 10/11 players out injured, will be very much a 2nd string 11 with lots of academy kid involvement.

Top Bottom