The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
So watched my team last night in a friendly against Birmingham City, and could only come to the conclusion that we really are 5hite and its going to be a very tough season ahead.

A much better showing from Rangers against Union Berlin yesterday.

Still just a typical friendly with the scoreline at 4 each, but it was nice to see the front line actually functioning for a change although we did lose 2 very soft goals after errors from Cortes, who I have very high hopes for this season.

Far from the finished article capable of making a fist of things this season, but signs of improvement at last.

Slick

Guru

AndyRM

XOXO
Not to be for Killie today. Never really looked at the races, but with six players out and an arguably bigger game on Thursday I'm not really fussed.

Chris Sutton seemed to think he was on Celtic TV the way he was banging on.

I also liked after the game Mulgrew trying to put the way Killie played down then Boys and McFadden explaining why we had to like they were talking to a wee laddie.

Last edited:

PaulSB

Squire
On Friday night, along with PNE, my boys, the mighty Rovers, kick off the Championship season with home games against Sheffield Utd and Derby County.

I dont know what to expect from Rovers this season. So far we've kept the squad together, we were a better team than our final league position showed but got dragged into a downward spiral that's so hard to climb out of.

It's rumoured Szmodics will go to Ipswich. Without his goals we would have been relegated. Ipswich have yet to match the price tag. That isn't surprising. Sammie is 28 (29 in September) and scored 65 league goals in the first ten years of his career. Last season he got 27. Rovers are the highest placed club he's played for, the rest of his career was mainly at Colchester and Peterborough. I think it's pretty clear why Ipswich haven't matched Rovers asking price. He's under contract till August 2026.

We've signed 5-6 players. I've heard of two of them but beyond that it's wait and see.

For many of us the jury is out on John Eustace as manager. He was brought in to "save" the club from relegation, yes we were in free fall. We stayed up, taking 18 points from Eustace's 17 games in charge. We won 3 of those. That's an average of a point a game, which would have seen us relegated over a season.

There's no discernible pattern to Eustace's style of play. Will he deliver? Can he deliver? I have absolutely no idea what to expect.

The only certainty is my lad and I will be there for every game!

vickster

Legendary Member
Crystal Palace ladies promoted into WSL and playing at home literally 3 mins up the road at Sutton United. Might try to take in a home game or two, only £90 for a season ticket but can’t imagine I’ll make enough use of that (nice and easy to see Arsenal Ladies away too!)

PaulSB

Squire
@PaulSB It's been a long time since you have been on the football section of the forum?
Good luck for this season.The Championship is ruthless and doesn't take any prisoners.

Thank you. I took a 12 month break from CC which is why I haven't been in here for a long while.

I love the Championship for this very reason. Much as I want Rovers to be a success I'm in two minds about promotion. Do I really want to watch my team get its collective backside kicked for a season in the PL? Not sure on this one.

Fantasy Football time again!
If you want to join the CycleChat league the code is: 7yvnpv

AndyRM

XOXO
Big night for Killie tonight, but it's good to see the nerves aren't running too high. Yet.

FB_IMG_1723107490025.jpg

AndyRM

XOXO
@AndyRM Translation please???? It's all English but........

Entirely fair.

We're playing Tromso in the third leg of the Conference League qualifiers tonight.

This is our club crest, hence the admiration for the hand gesture (and no, nobody really knows what the hell is going on with the crest in general)

kilmarnock-fc9411.jpg

The Forum (Varani's) is an ice cream vendor favoured by the good citizens of Kilmarnock, which is especially popular for a treat on a sunny bank holiday weekend, I think the next one is due in 2028.

https://www.varanisforumices.co.uk/

They've never never sponsored us which is annoying because a kit with that logo would be a belter.

Top Bottom