The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran
Europa Conference League Leg 2 tonight at Windsor Park - Linfield v Stjarnan of Iceland. We'd a terrible performance last week over there and trail by 2 goals but we're normally quite strong at home. I can't believe season 24/25 is here already.

I see the Cofi's ( Caernarfon) put out Crusaders on penalties Tuesday night. Two out of two Welsh league sides through so far, unheard of!!

Two more play tonight.

Sixmile

Guru
I see the Cofi's ( Caernarfon) put out Crusaders on penalties Tuesday night. Two out of two Welsh league sides through so far, unheard of!!

Two more play tonight.

I know, a fairly dismal showing from the Northern Irish teams this year. The Crues are crap the last few years but still thought they'd have enough to get by Caernarfon.

PaulSB

Squire
I don't really know what to make of the England situation. I'm a Rover and only very, very rarely see PL football and never other European leagues. I watch England in tournaments.

Southgate's record speaks for itself. I don't feel this can be criticised. What I don't understand though is this. By chance I've seen quite a few clips of Foden. Fabulous. Bellingham was only a name, I'm still waiting to see why he has his reputation (I'm sure it's deserved). Kane's role seems to be to stand around open-mouthed. At Ewood given the choice we would be screaming for a "Watkins" to be first choice. I know Kane has 44 this season. Mainoo disappeared in the final. I saw every home match Adam Wharton played for Rovers - he should be ahead of Mainoo.

So in short I find it hard to understand why we had to watch a dull uninspiring team when Southgate has so many talented players at his disposal. It doesn't make much sense. If I wandered down to Ewood to see this type of play, at a lower standard, I'd expect to lose more often than not.

Very odd.

AndyRM

XOXO
I don't really know what to make of the England situation. I'm a Rover and only very, very rarely see PL football and never other European leagues. I watch England in tournaments.

Southgate's record speaks for itself. I don't feel this can be criticised. What I don't understand though is this. By chance I've seen quite a few clips of Foden. Fabulous. Bellingham was only a name, I'm still waiting to see why he has his reputation (I'm sure it's deserved). Kane's role seems to be to stand around open-mouthed. At Ewood given the choice we would be screaming for a "Watkins" to be first choice. I know Kane has 44 this season. Mainoo disappeared in the final. I saw every home match Adam Wharton played for Rovers - he should be ahead of Mainoo.

So in short I find it hard to understand why we had to watch a dull uninspiring team when Southgate has so many talented players at his disposal. It doesn't make much sense. If I wandered down to Ewood to see this type of play, at a lower standard, I'd expect to lose more often than not.

Very odd.

Bellingham's reputation is entirely justified. He was voted player of the year in La Liga last season and the season before got the same award in the Bundesliga. And yes, he can do it on a rainy night in Stoke (well Birmingham) having proved himself as a youngster there before his big money moves.

England are lucky to have him.

PaulSB

Squire
Bellingham's reputation is entirely justified. He was voted player of the year in La Liga last season and the season before got the same award in the Bundesliga. And yes, he can do it on a rainy night in Stoke (well Birmingham) having proved himself as a youngster there before his big money moves.

England are lucky to have him.

I'm sure it is, as I said initially. For me it's disappointing a player of his calibre didn't get the chance to shine.

Why has to be the question.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Stories emerging that Bellingham's a bit of a knob. His Bundesliga team mates were glad to see the back of him and he's nicknamed "Mr PR" by some of the England players.

Against Scotland he looked a superstar and he really looked like the kind of player that would win England tournaments but it was noticeable at the Euros just how petulant and niggly he was. He expected a foul whenever an opposition player went near him. Maybe the Real Madrid effect.

View: https://x.com/TrollFootball/status/1812902112356929730

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've watched 2 of Accy's 3 pre-season games. I've seen us get beat by Blackburn a fortnight ago and by Barnsley yesterday. 9 goals conceded and 2 scored isn't good seeing as they were all home matches, albeit against higher league opposition. Next Saturday we play quite a low level non league, local to me Clitheroe, which i'll also be going to. If we lose that one I fear for our fortunes this coming season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/accrington-stanley/scores-fixtures/2024-07?filter=results

Last edited:

potsy

Rambler
I've watched 2 of Accy's 3 pre-season games. I've seen us get beat by Blackburn a fortnight ago and by Barnsley yesterday. 9 goals conceded and 2 scored isn't good seeing as they were all home matches, albeit against higher league opposition. Next Saturday we play quite a low level non league, local to me Clitheroe, which i'll also be going to. If we lose that one I fear for our fortunes this coming season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/accrington-stanley/scores-fixtures/2024-07?filter=results

I wouldn't worry too much about pre season games, it's more about fitness and trying out new things.
I've made the mistake of getting carried away after a good pre season before, only to be brought down to earth once the season starts.

My team Stockport have had a narrow loss to both Oldham and Derby, both games playing pretty much the whole squad over the course of the matches, plus a few triallists.

Our main concern in our injury list, it's quite lengthy already and was a major problem last season too!

I wouldn't worry too much about pre season games, it's more about fitness and trying out new things.
I've made the mistake of getting carried away after a good pre season before, only to be brought down to earth once the season starts.

My team Stockport have had a narrow loss to both Oldham and Derby, both games playing pretty much the whole squad over the course of the matches, plus a few triallists.

Our main concern in our injury list, it's quite lengthy already and was a major problem last season too!
Yes you are right @potsy .You shouldn't look too much into these games.
Most teams are mixing it up with first team and academy players and only playing at half pace.
My team, West Ham only beat Dagenham and Redbridge from the National league yesterday 1-0!

AndyRM

XOXO
I'm vaguely concerned about Killie's approach to pre season as our first proper match will be against Cercle Brugge on Thursday. Their final warm up was against Feyenoord, we played Barrow... Prior to that we played Ayr and a few closed door games against local amateur teams.

I'd have thought we'd be looking for tougher tests to be honest, lower English Championship/Upper League One level, but I'm guessing they weren't interested or unavailable.

Top Bottom