The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

I like Rovers third strip. If I was still a football shirt wearer and still watched 't' Rovers' I'd buy this.

obo=1&utld=lancashiretelegraph.co.uk&stp=c0.5000x0.jpg

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/...ackburn---rovers-third-kit-2024-25-revealed-/

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Hopefully they don’t sell any players during the window… :whistle:

There's a young lad I know called Rio, born when Rio Ferdinand played for his dad's team Leeds, hence the name. As we know Rio Ferdinand moved to Leeds United's favourite hate team Man Utd.....and not long after after Rio's christening, just to rub salt into the wound! :laugh:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
The Olympic football kicked off big style yesterday and I mean kicked off.

Argentine Morocco crowd trouble forced suspension deep into injury time when Argentina thought they had levelled up at 2-2 only for it to be ruled out sometime later. 2 hr delay and the last few moments played out in front of an empty stadium. Bonkers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/videos/cp38pk0372po

Slick

Guru
So watched my team last night in a friendly against Birmingham City, and could only come to the conclusion that we really are 5hite and its going to be a very tough season ahead.

Slick

Guru
In other news, European football returns to Scotland tonight with Killie unlucky to be held to a 1 each draw at home to a tough Belgium team, and St Mirren currently being held nil nil away to some Icelandic mob Valur.

Still all to play for in the return legs.

AndyRM

XOXO
In other news, European football returns to Scotland tonight with Killie unlucky to be held to a 1 each draw at home to a tough Belgium team, and St Mirren currently being held nil nil away to some Icelandic mob Valur.

Still all to play for in the return legs.

A draw was a fair result I thought. We gave a really good account of ourselves on the pitch and off it.

Killie infuriate me at times, but last night made me proud to be a fan.

Slick

Guru
A draw was a fair result I thought. We gave a really good account of ourselves on the pitch and off it.

Killie infuriate me at times, but last night made me proud to be a fan.

That lot did show at times how dangerous they can be with some nice passing, but Killie will be regretting some missed opportunities of their own and could easily be going over there with a lead to defend.

I was particularly pleased for St Mirren, but we've seen it all before when we seem to be experts at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

I don't think its great that they are facing such important games when most players are still emptying sand out their suitcases, but good luck to both teams, would be nice to see both get through to the next round.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
McInnes's teams are a hard watch. Big lump up top, two wingers and thump the ball into the box. No control in midfield, no passing. The amount of head tennis in the middle of the park last night was crazy. Get the ball down and play it!

From the little I've seen, that seems the way of a lot of lower league English football too where height, muscle and athleticism are valued over skill.

Chislenko

Veteran
Normal service was resumed for the Welsh clubs in Europe with There's No Supporters and Caernarfon getting battered, albeit by teams stacked full of international players.

AndyRM

XOXO
McInnes's teams are a hard watch. Big lump up top, two wingers and thump the ball into the box. No control in midfield, no passing. The amount of head tennis in the middle of the park last night was crazy. Get the ball down and play it!

From the little I've seen, that seems the way of a lot of lower league English football too where height, muscle and athleticism are valued over skill.

That's unbelievably harsh.

Are you confusing your Derek's?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I wouldn't worry too much about pre season games, it's more about fitness and trying out new things.
I've made the mistake of getting carried away after a good pre season before, only to be brought down to earth once the season starts.

My team Stockport have had a narrow loss to both Oldham and Derby, both games playing pretty much the whole squad over the course of the matches, plus a few triallists.

Our main concern in our injury list, it's quite lengthy already and was a major problem last season too!

I went to the Clitheroe v Accy game yesterday. I think we lost 2-1, but I'm not too sure as I had to leave the ground at 4.40pm to beat the maximum 2 hour stay cameras on the nearby Lidl car park and I can't find the score on any websites. Accy played a 'youth team' which upset some fans who said they would've given it a miss if they'd known it wasn't the first team playing, but the club didn't let on it was a youth team. I wouldn't have bothered either if I'd known.

Edit...Just looked at some Facebook comments to see we lost 3-1, with the first team playing Burnley 'behind closed doors' 🤔 :rolleyes:, with the score unknown. Anyway, the attendance was 866, which is decent but would've been more money for Clitheroe FC if Stanley had played their first team.

2nd edit...Stanley's ex assistant manager Jimmy Bell is now Clitheroe's manager, with ex Accy and Stockport player Sean McConville his assistant.

Last edited:
Top Bottom