The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Found it better to watch England on mute , much more bearable .

Otherwise they appear to be quite an underwhelming side to watch . In fact boring ?

Am I being harsh here ? England fans what’s your thoughts ? Southgate too defensive ? His tenure is relatively successful but I guess winning the Euros would have been a target ?

Winning ugly, I think they call it. 🤔 :okay:

Seevio

Guru
The "marginally least crap team on the pitch" theory appears to be holding up.

Emanresu

Arrived in Switzerland last night as the football was finishing. No one about on a Saturday night and no signs of any support. Got to the hotel to find it had its own supporters lounge (FC Sion). Two hours after the game everything was cleared away and neat.

Attachments

• IMG_4831.jpeg
    IMG_4831.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4830.jpeg
    IMG_4830.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4829.jpeg
    IMG_4829.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 6

AndyRM

XOXO
Rather ironically it appears to be the unelected "Prince of Wales"

Aye, but he's the President of the English FA. The previous incumbent we, uh, we don't talk about him.

He forgets who he is at Villa games too (and doesn't get them confused with another team who play in claret and blue), which to be honest I think is quite refreshing considering the generally reserved public face the royals have to present.

postman

Squire
Why can't Southgate see Kane is blocking the midfield by coming too deep,he is not worrying any defences.Please put Toney or Watkins on,and watch them play better.Please please please.

Chislenko

Veteran
Best footballer you have seen.

I know lots of footballers receive hype beyond their ability nowadays but just for a bit of fun the best three footballers you have seen live. I appreciate some names will be unfamiliar if they play for your local club.

So my three, and unbelievably Gareth Bale doesn't get in there.

1. Jason Koumas
2. Matt Le Tissier
3. Arjen Robben.

Can't believe I forgot Lee Trundle when he played for Rhyl in the League of Wales !

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO

I know lots of footballers receive hype beyond their ability nowadays but just for a bit of fun the best three footballers you have seen live. I appreciate some names will be unfamiliar if they play for your local club.

1. Jason Koumas
2. Matt Le Tissier
3. Arjen Robben.

Can't believe I forgot Lee Trundle when he played for Rhyl in the League of Wales !

In no particular order:

Alessandro Del Piero
Henrik Larsson
Pat Nevin

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

1. Jason Koumas
2. Matt Le Tissier
3. Arjen Robben.

I saw 'ex greats' George Best and Bobby Moore play for Fulham at Blackburn in 1978 when it was Bobby Moore's last league appearance. They were two very good players obviously, but I didn't see them at their best apart from on TV. The best player I saw live must've been Alan Shearer in his (think it was) two years at Blackburn Rovers.

PaulSB

Squire

1. Alan Shearer
2. Tugay
3. Simon Garner*

* Third spot was a very difficult choice as we have been blessed with some truly great players at Ewood over the decades. I'm very tempted to include Adam Wharton. He isn't a great yet but will captain England one day.

Southgate should consider starting him.

Top Bottom