The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
I reckon my goal keepers would be:

Andy Goram
Chris Woods
Bruce Grobbelaar (just because I saw him change direction one game)

Alex321

Guru
Entire Leeds squad during Don Revie era.

It's meant to be "best" footballers, not "most boring" footballers :smile:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Anyway...... let's have your forecast for tonight.
As much as I want Ingerland to win I think their luck will run out.
I forecast we will go out on penalties.

AndyRM

XOXO
I think for Holland to have a chance they need to pack in the sentimentality and stop picking Memphis Depay. It is very much like the Portugal / Ronaldo situation, yes they have been great players but are not really contributing much anymore.

This is something I've always found interesting. And I agree with you, but I feel like players like Depay (and Ronaldo, or pick any other big player you want) are so analysed that their opponents set out to nullify them. Which theoretically leaves space for others to work around them.

For me, that's why the whole "spark of genius" thing gets thrown about so much (and you could say the same in any sport I reckon); there's that moment, no matter how fleeting, where they change things dramatically.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I haven't seen the Netherlands play yet, but I watched the SPain/France match last night and it was at another level. If netherlands play half as good as the Spanish did, we haven't got a chnace unless we pull out something really special

potsy

Rambler
I predict a narrow England win, possibly in extra time.
Entertainment is secondary to winning the tournament, we can bamboozle the Spanish with our negativity and sheer unwillingness to shoot ^_^

Top Bottom