The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Pat Nevin is one of my all time favourite Chelsea players, along side Zola and Vialli.

We had him at Killie for a season towards the end of his career. Even then he was still head and shoulders (not literally obviously) above everyone on the park.

Unbelievably skilful and lightning quick too.

I really need to get a copy of "In Ma Heid, Son", it's meant to be a belter.

AndyRM

XOXO
Got to say I'm loving Deschamps' response to France's less than impressive goal tally, which is essentially

"Oui, et quoi?"

I hope France win both their semi and the final on penalties having ground out scoreless draws. It would be the Frenchest thing ever.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Slightly biased but....
Stevie Gerrard
Kenny Dalgliesh
Then either George Best or Dennis Law.
NB.......my daughter (aged 55) has a red and white Teddy I bought her as a baby. It's called Emlyn after the great Emlyn Hughes. Not sure he was the greatest but I got a lot of pleasure watching him.

Stephenite

Membå
URGENT REQUEST

A mate of mine has a ticket for England v Holland.

Unfortunately he's due to get married tomorrow so he is wondering if anyone would like to go in his place instead?

If you’re interested - the wedding is in Clitheroe at 18.00 and her name is Violet.

AndyRM

XOXO
I asked my fiancée about her favourite players, split into outfield and goalkeepers:

Stuart Brock
De Gea
Cabalerro

Scholes
Mata
Jagielka (Steve, not Phil)

Slick

Guru
3 is a bit tight but mine are:

Davie Cooper
Brian Laudrup
Gazza

Got lots more, but I reckon that's my top 3.

bluenotebob

Veteran
It’s been more than 50 years since I’ve been a regular spectator at professional football matches .. but of those players that I did see ‘live’ back in the 60s/early 70s:

I was fortunate enough to see Stanley Matthews, Tom Finney and Nat Lofthouse all play in a testimonial match at Burnden Park around 1965 – those three were pretty good in their day!

I’ll go for these three though:

1. Alan Ball
2. Joe Royle
3. Francis Lee

Top Bottom