The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
It is funny, but the flack that Ronaldo gets is unreal and I've never quite understood it.

Zlatan (of this generation of footballers) was just as arrogant, more so really, but people seemed to think it's funny, which it is.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
It is funny, but the flack that Ronaldo gets is unreal and I've never quite understood it.

Zlatan (of this generation of footballers) was just as arrogant, more so really, but people seemed to think it's funny, which it is.

Probably because he did the dirty on Engurland

View: https://youtu.be/LcFniYVDK9E?si=o3AdOELU9dyeFfyC

AndyRM

XOXO
Weird game between Spain and Germany. Lots of niggly/daft fouls and not much in the way of quality.

Looking forward to France v Portugal though. Both sides are capable of great football so hopefully there's plenty of it!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
That 'rugby tackle', which would've been a totally illegal rugby tackle, by a Spanish player close to the end of the game was an absolute disgrace! I know he's banned from the semi-final, but surely he should be banned from the final as well, if Spain make it! Never mind it's called 'taking one for the team'. If that was an intended tactic by the Spanish coaches then they should be red carded as well!!!

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
It wasn't that bad, seen much worse and more dangerous tackles which players have got away with. He only got sent off because he'd already been booked. Would have been a binning at rugby for a high tackle, but that's it.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It wasn't that bad, seen much worse and more dangerous tackles which players have got away with. He only got sent off because he'd already been booked. Would have been a binning at rugby for a high tackle, but that's it.

My point is that although it wasn't 'career threatening' it wasn't a tackle at all! I could've lived with a Roy Keane leg breaker, as at least they were tackles, even though horrible tackles, but you can't tackle with you arms in football. He intended bringing the German player down at any cost, making no attempt to even get near the ball. He must be banned for blatant cheating for at least 4 internationals I'd say!! 🧐

AndyRM

XOXO
My point is that although it wasn't 'career threatening' it wasn't a tackle at all! I could've lived with a Roy Keane leg breaker, as at least they were tackles, even though horrible tackles, but you can't tackle with you arms in football. He intended bringing the German player down at any cost, making no attempt to even get near the ball. He must be banned for blatant cheating for at least 4 internationals I'd say!! 🧐

Yeah, I get all that, but similarly cynical tackles happen all the time. There's no way he's getting a 4 game ban for it, wasn't even a straight red, which is probably why he's only banned for one match.

France were lucky to go through later on, it wasn't much of a game but Portugal were slightly better and had the clearer chances.

I wonder if that will be the end of Ronaldo? I know he wants to get to 250 caps but I can't see that happening. Definitely the last time we'll see Pepe, shame as he's been a favourite of mine over the years.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
France were lucky to win this one. If they don't improve their game, Spain will be in the final and win it.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Yeah, I get all that, but similarly cynical tackles happen all the time. There's no way he's getting a 4 game ban for it, wasn't even a straight red, which is probably why he's only banned for one match.

France were lucky to go through later on, it wasn't much of a game but Portugal were slightly better and had the clearer chances.

I wonder if that will be the end of Ronaldo? I know he wants to get to 250 caps but I can't see that happening. Definitely the last time we'll see Pepe, shame as he's been a favourite of mine over the years.

Ronaldo on 212 caps would need another 3 to 4 years of seen as carrying the team expectancy, to reach 250. If I were him I'd settle for 225.

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
Do they? Dembele aside they played very conservatively yesterday as they usually do, relying on a bit of magic to get a goal. England are similar, but with less magic!

I think so. I've seen more attacking intent from France than England so far.

I know who I'd rather watch.

And it's neither of them right now. Austria and Georgia have been the most exciting teams I reckon.

AndyRM

XOXO
I respect the commitment...

Screenshot_2024-07-06-13-52-50-09_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6~2.jpg

Top Bottom