Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Marino.g

Veteran
Well that was my first Chain Gang group ride.

Did stage 2 this morning and somehow improved by nearly 3 minutes on the 17:00 ride.

I'm trying to work out if it was the banana or the gel I ate before the ride, or the last minute crap I had that made the difference! :laugh:

I was with @Marino.g neck and neck to the summit of the first climb but he left me way behind on the descent. Not sure what I could have done to stay with him?

Came in just behind a guy called Juan Antonio. I looked up at the corner of the screen in the last km and thought I saw a message from @theboxers saying 'you can catch him'. I promptly failed to live up to that as my 9 second gap went out to 20s almost instantly! Came in 14 seconds behind him.

Enjoyed it and I'll try to ride the group rides again although Thursdays and Saturdays can be tricky times for me.
Well done you rode well up the hill but my heavy weight would be advantageous going down.
This is the weight that you add in your profile data.
:okay:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Best way to go downhill quick in BSim is to edit the stage yourself and add a couple of Lapdogs and they will become your dedicated drafting partners.
Even if you climb quicker than them they will catch you on the descent, pass you and then literally ease of until you are in their draft.
You will speed up and pass them and then they will pass you and so on.
This will put your average descending speed up by about 4 or 5 kph.

Del C

Veteran
Best way to go downhill quick in BSim is to edit the stage yourself and add a couple of Lapdogs and they will become your dedicated drafting partners.
Even if you climb quicker than them they will catch you on the descent, pass you and then literally ease of until you are in their draft.
You will speed up and pass them and then they will pass you and so on.
This will put your average descending speed up by about 4 or 5 kph.

Must try this one!

Marino.g

Veteran
If I put my weight down as 120 kg would i not go faster downhill on bkool and be slower going up with the same watts as say a 75kg rider or am I being dumb!:blush::unsure:

Breedon

Legendary Member

Did stage 2 this morning and somehow improved by nearly 3 minutes on the 17:00 ride.

I'm trying to work out if it was the banana or the gel I ate before the ride, or the last minute crap I had that made the difference! :laugh:

I was with @Marino.g neck and neck to the summit of the first climb but he left me way behind on the descent. Not sure what I could have done to stay with him?

Came in just behind a guy called Juan Antonio. I looked up at the corner of the screen in the last km and thought I saw a message from @theboxers saying 'you can catch him'. I promptly failed to live up to that as my 9 second gap went out to 20s almost instantly! Came in 14 seconds behind him.

Enjoyed it and I'll try to ride the group rides again although Thursdays and Saturdays can be tricky times for me.
They wont get any easier i can assure you :biggrin:, going to give stage 2 ago in the middle of the week.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
If I put my weight down as 120 kg would i not go faster downhill on bkool and be slower going up with the same watts as say a 75kg rider or am I being dumb!:blush::unsure:
Ask @theboxers if the extra weight over 100 kg is any help? He definitely has an advantage on the downs, but this certainly doesn't counter the massive disadvantage he has going up.

Marino.g

Veteran

If you can’t ride Thursday or Saturday then the best way is to challenge a rider that’s already done the stage on a day that suits and add a few more riders (ghosts) who are better and a few that maybe slower if you weren’t feeling tip-top.
You then can use them to your advantage to draft behind that would make the ride easier and hopefully faster.

Marino.g

Veteran
If you can’t ride Thursday or Saturday then the best way is to challenge a rider that’s already done the stage on a day that suits and add a few more riders (ghosts) who are better and a few that maybe slower if you weren’t feeling tip-top.
You then can use them to your advantage to draft behind that would make the ride easier and hopefully faster.
Then they might get the message “ you have been challenged and beaten”
One day I had 8 in 5 minutes, very uplifting:angry:

Top Bottom