Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Marino.g

Veteran
Ask @theboxers if the extra weight over 100 kg is any help? He definitely has an advantage on the downs, but this certainly doesn't counter the massive disadvantage he has going up.
On the subject of weight, how is your weight loss program going.
I have to start loosing a few Kg and at the moment I’m using Zwift and bkool.
Any tips?
I was thinking of using bkool for say 2 races a week and then maybe using. Zwift for the longer easier rides (recovery).

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Ask @theboxers if the extra weight over 100 kg is any help? He definitely has an advantage on the downs, but this certainly doesn't counter the massive disadvantage he has going up.
Try this descent
http://www.bkool.com/profile/detail/129022?durationType=DISTANCE&lapCount=1
at your normal registered weight and then at my registered weight of 127kg. Shouldn't take too long in either

Then try this climb with your weight then mine
http://www.bkool.com/profile/detail/129049?durationType=DISTANCE&lapCount=1

I know what weight I'd prefer to be. It's not :mrpig:.

theboxers

Any tips?
I was thinking of using bkool for say 2 races a week and then maybe using. Zwift for the longer easier rides (recovery).
Not sure at the moment. I haven't weighed myself. But the trousers are getting looser, I know not a good indicator. I will step on the scales at some point this month, probably the 29th or 30th, then do the weekly or bi weekly weigh in.

I am getting back into the habit of getting on the bike at least 5 times a week. I think, for me, just doing that is a big step in the right direction.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Any tips?
Just don't seem to be losing any weight but definitely getting fitter which is a step in the right direction. Jeans are looser, belt is one hole tighter, so clearly losing fat but making it up with muscle :training:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
They're not quite the downhills I had hoped for either, but its difficult to find good ones in the league setup search facility. However, this weeks one looks like it should be the heavier the better. :smile:

I just did the first stage. Seemed familiar. Is it one we’ve used in handicap races? My result was surprisingly good. I took out a massive lead at the start and just about held on at the end. My weight was still set at 87kg which no doubt helped! Although strangely I made all my time going up the first hill and lost it going down.

My watts seemed about standard for BKOOL. I did alp d’huez just before and the resistance seemed fine too. Just the result vs the field was well, surprising... bleh...BKOOL gonna BKOOL.... if someone with more of a handle on the techy stuff wants to check out the stats you might find some anomalies :smile:

Whorty

They're not quite the downhills I had hoped for either, but its difficult to find good ones in the league setup search facility. However, this weeks one looks like it should be the heavier the better. :smile:
As I was saying earlier, not lost any weight recently ... in fact, I seem to have gained 20 kilos :whistle: Must update my bkool profile before Thursday :laugh:

Whorty

I just did the first stage. Seemed familiar. Is it one we’ve used in handicap races? My result was surprisingly good. I took out a massive lead at the start and just about held on at the end. My weight was still set at 87kg which no doubt helped! Although strangely I made all my time going up the first hill and lost it going down.

My watts seemed about standard for BKOOL. I did alp d’huez just before and the resistance seemed fine too. Just the result vs the field was well, surprising... bleh...BKOOL gonna BKOOL.... if someone with more of a handle on the techy stuff wants to check out the stats you might find some anomalies :smile:
Welcome back TT .... BKool, where all the fun racing is and where we don't take life too seriously :hugs:

Whorty

Just seen your time :notworthy: demolished me by 8 minutes on a 50 minute ride. Feels like I'm back on the IoW again :surrender:

theboxers

Just don't seem to be losing any weight but definitely getting fitter which is a step in the right direction. Jeans are looser, belt is one hole tighter, so clearly losing fat but making it up with muscle :training:
I think to a certain degree this is my issue. Shrinking in many places, just not where I want it to. My wrist is getting smaller I almost down 3 notches on my watch strap.

Top Bottom