Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
23BCD2E4-156B-4942-86BA-377FB88392F3.jpeg
Spent a week in Fowey a couple of years ago, very close to the home of Proper Job, One of the great benefits there is to Being Chairman of the Craft Brewing Association, is the ability to ring up a brewery at short notice, and say "I'm in the area, would it be possible to drop in for a tour?" Generally get treated very well, so well you need two taxis ... one to get back to where you are staying, and one to go and collect the car :biggrin:

My hometown produce one of the countries finest ales. Timothy Taylor’s.. Landlord is the choice however Golden Best is quaffable..

Me with my Timmies top on..

LBHIFI

Veteran
Is Windows 7 considered old?

It must be time for me to replace my 95 laptop then!
AAAC, A 1995 laptop.
That would be a 5kg tower pc, tilted and resting in your lap ^_^.

I have about 10 PC's but no Win 95. Win 98 is the oldest and I'm really glad I held on to that. Just used it to reenable the sound bank of a Korg M1 workstation (synthesizer
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRfyIAedCsg
). Apparently the data is just dumped on the Korg without any handshake, and current PC's were just to fast for the old Korg.

CXRAndy

Guru
Any of you computer bods can help me resolve my BSOD win 10 update crash. Unmountable boot error. I've done the automatic repair, chkdsk, but to no avail. It looks like I may need to try a full install but I want to try and get my documents from the drive first. Is there a simple-ish way of pulling these from drive?

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Newquay Steam Beer is not great - too fizzy for me and not a real ale. Too many good beers in this country to have to drink such rubbish. My local also does some nice Bath Ale beers so might try one of those too tonight :cheers:
St Austell beer festival 24th November for anyone down there. Opens at 11am.... I'll be drunk by 11.45am... lots of local ales and many more! St Austell own Bath ales as well...

AAAC 76C

Large Member
View attachment 382624
When I were a lad it were Windows v1

I used one of these.

db21e315e2e85c14e5acfc10835c6dcd.jpg

LBHIFI

Veteran
Any of you computer bods can help me resolve my BSOD win 10 update crash. Unmountable boot error. I've done the automatic repair, chkdsk, but to no avail. It looks like I may need to try a full install but I want to try and get my documents from the drive first. Is there a simple-ish way of pulling these from drive?
Try to mount the disk via another PC if you have one. This means removing the harddisk from your current PC.
Steps are depending of what kind of extra pc/hardware you have available, but the main idea is that while the boot section of the disk may by corrupted, the rest is most likely able to be read.

AAAC 76C

Large Member

Laptop or PC?
And do you have access to another.

If so get a usb drive mount and just extrac/copy the files you want onto your other PC.

Oops, like LB said

AAAC 76C

Large Member

You may be able to download a boo file to a USB stock and boot your PD via the USB.
Haven't a clue how you achieve that but I googled it once and used the distructions and it worked for me

CXRAndy

Guru
Cheers guys, I've just remembered I had a clone unit which I could plug my hard drive into and use the wife's laptop to copy files-hopefully. Give a go tomorrow :smile:

Top Bottom